Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yikes, I should have never just watched the ending of Promicide. I HATE it. Joey is devastated. I can feel her heart breaking in two. She is so ready to lose it when Pacey tells her that he could give her that night in the ski lodge.. Ugh, so depressing. *Starts to chant, they get the happy ending, they get the happy ending! *

Being a huge Ross/Rachel fan, I react the same, exact way with Ross and Rachel, whenever they break up in season 3 and I view outstanding and breathtaking performances between David/Jen in the scene where Ross is on his knees clutching Rachel and crying as Rachel is bawling and ready to lose it.. Ugh, always makes me head for the tissues..

For me, even though I know BOTH Pacey/Joey and Ross/Rachel get happy endings to their love stories, I am still affected each and every time I watch their first break ups.. I guess that's what happens when you are a die-hard shipper.. *heads for the Creek series finale and hell, even heads for the Friends series finale*

Last edited by jediwands; 10-01-2004 at 03:03 PM
Old 10-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

wilpen, totally agree. I hate this episode the more I see it. I hate how he asks her why she is with him. It's bull**** when he says Joey's happier with Dawson than she's been in weeks. He's just telling himself this stuff, so it is easier to break up with her. It's like what he said in the desktops. The girl is totally into him.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 10-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilpen
For me, even though I know BOTH Pacey/Joey and Ross/Rachel get happy endings to their love stories, I am still affected each and every time I watch their first break ups.. I guess that's what happens when you are a die-hard shipper..
I feel the exact same way. When I watch Promicide (and it's a rarity when I do), I have to keep telling myself that we get the happy ending, we get the happy ending. The break-up is just so tough.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 10-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by hshapir2
wilpen, totally agree. I hate this episode the more I see it. I hate how he asks her why she is with him. It's bull**** when he says Joey's happier with Dawson than she's been in weeks. He's just telling himself this stuff, so it is easier to break up with her. It's like what he said in the desktops. The girl is totally into him.
[
I know. ITA. I cringe whenever Pacey tells her that. It is BS! You are absolutley correct, Pacey is only telling himself that to try and convince himself that he needs to break up with Joey and tries to use Dawson and a crutch. Look at even the confused and shocked looked on Dawson's face. Dawson even knows Pacey is saying things that make absolutely not one ounce of sense and Dawson certainly knows that Joey is deeply in love with Pacey and Pacey is way off..

I actually sort of like the little scene between Dawson and Joey whenever he gives her his coat.. I guess I really do like the genuine and healthy friendship scenes that DJ had, however few that there were. I also like how Dawson completely knows how devastated that Joey is that Pacey just ripped her heart into shattered pieces and he still wants to be her friend. It does show that for at least this moment, Dawson selflessly wants to be there for Joey as friend.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by FinallyPJ
I feel the exact same way. When I watch Promicide (and it's a rarity when I do), I have to keep telling myself that we get the happy ending, we get the happy ending. The break-up is just so tough.
So, so true Finally. The break up is VERY tough to watch. Yep, that happy ending chant is always good to keep in your back pocket.

I remember watching Promicide live and I was so freaking ticked and sad afterwards. My best friend and I literally were depressed for the next several days. That is how affected we were by it. I honestly wanted to stop watching the Creek after that episode. Stupid but true. It was that tough to swallow. Certainly glad I continued to watch though.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

thanks Wilpen. Pacey even starts his rant when he sees Joey dancing with Dawson. Joey says you know it's not about this.

He says how he feels like he has to be perfect all the time and she gets mad when she's happy or if he's sad. So not true. She even said at the end of 414, you don't have to be so perfect all the time and it's ok if you're angry with me because you earned it. I think in Separation Anxiety, he apologizes, but he still said this stuff and it hurts

I even like how Dawson and Joey talk about how healthy they've become. Joey is finally where she wants to be with Pacey as her boyfriend and Dawson as her friend

Old 10-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It really does. Honestly, I hate the writers for giving us the beautiful season 3 and most of season 4, and then just took PJ aways from us in a split second, not to mention HOW they did so. I mean, yes Pacey says he's sorry and it is very evident that Pacey's speech was making very little sense with regards to any direction to Joey, but all the same, I will always dislike how the writers went about the PJ break up. They used very little imagination and that sucked.

Although, on the bright side, we can't complain too much if you really honestly think about what crap DJers got thrown their way for six years. Seriously, even though I ADORE PJ, I will always feel something for the die-hard DJers that were honestly quite screwed in lots of ways.

If you think about it, we were damn lucky with all that we got.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by hshapir2

I even like how Dawson and Joey talk about how healthy they've become. Joey is finally where she wants to be with Pacey as her boyfriend and Dawson as her friend
YES, so true. That is the irony here. This is what Joey always wanted and finally has it, and then Pacey breaks up with her. Very sad. Then again, indeed, Joey gets this again in the very end.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilpen
Then again, indeed, Joey gets this again in the very end.
So true. It's like the writers had the characters come full circle twice.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 10-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

you have a point wilpen. I don't really think the breakup came out of nowhere. Pacey's insecurities have been around all season. They just came to a head when he saw her with Dawson. Joey even says it's not about him. If Joey wanted Dawson, she could of had him. She chose to spend the last year of her so with Pacey and lose her virginity to Pacey who she is in love with. Pacey has made no secret of insecurities when it comes to Dawson. He even points this out in a subtle way in 510 when he says Dawson doesn't want to be the kind of guy who checks out the competition and it takes a needy overtone. He says he's talking about himself. Obviously, it was about Joey. I think it couldn't have been done in a less cruel way, but I really believe what he's saying. I don't think it's Joey's fault. He even says it's not her fault, but he's going to keep taking it out on her. He feels inferior because she's going to college, he got mad when he messed up on the corsage. He can't touch her because he feels like he isn't good enough for her. In Separation Anxiety, he sees her at the party and says this is your life. He doesn't feel like he should be a part of her life. Joey says she doesn't care about those things, but he wants her to care. I think he wants her to say Pacey you screwed up, instead of just saying it's ok. He wants to get mad at her and for her to get mad at him, so he can feel better about breaking up

Old 10-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by FinallyPJ
So true. It's like the writers had the characters come full circle twice.
Yes, great observation Finally. I competely agree.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi everyone

hshap- thanks for all those desktops and e-mails. They are so sad.

I don't like Promicide. I feel so bad for Joey. I think one of the saddest scenes is at the very end when they're driving back home in the limo and everyone is quiet and sad and the episode fades away on Joey. The look on her face

Quote:
It really does. Honestly, I hate the writers for giving us the beautiful season 3 and most of season 4, and then just took PJ aways from us in a split second, not to mention HOW they did so. I mean, yes Pacey says he's sorry and it is very evident that Pacey's speech was making very little sense with regards to any direction to Joey, but all the same, I will always dislike how the writers went about the PJ break up. They used very little imagination and that sucked.
I hate the way they broke up too. It's just such a shame that after all the beautiful build up in season 3, that was how the writers decided to break them up.

Quote:
I also like how Dawson completely knows how devastated that Joey is that Pacey just ripped her heart into shattered pieces and he still wants to be her friend. It does show that for at least this moment, Dawson selflessly wants to be there for Joey as friend.
I agree.

Quote:
Being a huge Ross/Rachel fan, I react the same, exact way with Ross and Rachel, whenever they break up in season 3 and I view outstanding and breathtaking performances between David/Jen in the scene where Ross is on his knees clutching Rachel and crying as Rachel is bawling and ready to lose it.. Ugh, always makes me head for the tissues..
ITA. David and Jen were amazing in that scene. It was so moving. When Ross starts to cry and touches Rachel and says how could he live without her heart, oh my . I was happy when they ended up together in the series finale. I love when Ross is at his apartment listening to the phone message and is like "Did she get off the plane?", then Rachel appears at the door and says "I got off the plane." hee. I loved that.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

(courtesy of josh-jackson.net)

"We get the happy ending...we get the happy ending..."

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 10-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Absolute Fan

I get so sad watching Promicide. Pacey was totally out of character and he really hurt Joeys feelings. I can barely watch that episode. I do like Seperation Anxiety though. Even though it is sad, it was better than Promicide.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Joey and I won't be in touch for a few days, and I can honestly say I don't think I'm gonna miss her all that much.
I can't believe Pacey wrote that. I don't like to say it, but reading all those desktops and thinking about Promicide has made me feel upset with Pacey. Poor Joey.

There are people at other boards who get so angry with Joey in Love Bites, but I can't really blame her too much. In season 4, she was in love with Pacey and planned her future with him, then he broke up with her in a very painful way. Being at the dance in Love Bites reminded her of their senior prom and even though she had feelings for Pacey, she wasn't ready to risk her heart again with him.

Last edited by dcfriends; 10-01-2004 at 09:00 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread