Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks you guys..

I KNOW my sis would get hooked if she watched the entire series. Hell, I have gotten her hooked on every other show in the past like 90210 and Friends. I also have her addicted to The OC right now. Honestly, I keep telling her when she has time, we should do a marathon of the Creek. She has a pretty hectic life, so the trouble is finding the time to do so. I think the first two seasons might weird her out with the DJ overdose, but season 3 she would enjoy big time.. *cough PJ* Hee.. Yeah, one of those days I am going to make her do a marathon with me.

Pace & Jo. That is outstanding! So cool! Who knows.. Maybe they will offer for you to go on the show sometime and have Josh as a surprise guest! Your foot is in the door now. Anything's possible
Old 09-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Elite Fan

it seems everytime these episodes air, I am not home. It's so funny because last time the episodes air, I was going to be home, but I got a new job. That didn't work out, so I am back at my other one. I have them on tape, so it's not that bad. One of my favorite parts from today's is when Pacey is talking to Joey near the wall and it's a metaphor for their relationship about "not being ready". What she does is go to Dawson's house to watch ET, a movie they watched during their childhood. She doesn't even look that happy to be there. It's just her comfort zone.

I love how she watches him when he leaves

Quote:
Pacey: Maybe a better question would be did you want me to be Dawson? I'm sorry, I take that back.

Joey: Well, the lease is gonna be up soon.

Pacey: I'll renew it again if you wanted me to.

Joey: Oh, I dunno Pacey... I don't wanna give it up, it's just I don't feel like I'm ready to...

Pacey: Paint?

Joey: Yeah.
that's great pace and jo. I heard KH is going to be on Oprah tomorrow. Hi amore and Wilpen too

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 09-17-2004, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

hshapir2. I LOVE that metaphor thing. That was perfect. I also love how she is watching him leave. She knows how in love with him she is. It kills her to see him walk away.

The one thing that makes me cringe during their convo is whenever Pacey asks her if she could ever love him like a soulmate if Dawson weren't in the pic or whatever. First off, that line was TOTALLY not meshing with what was going on.. Because Joey was not IN LOVE with Dawson. She was IN LOVE with Pacey and the answer to that question should have been that she loved Pacey so much more than she ever loved her "soulmate." I just wish that line was scratched and never shown. Did that line bother anyone else? I mean, I think True Love kind of disregards the line anyway, so I am happy for that.. But all the same, that line always bothers me because it is so inappropriate.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

thanks Wilpen. To be honest, the line didn't really bother me because Joey never responded. Pacey even pointed out Dawson's definition of soumates earlier with the fifteen years of watching movies. In the finale, she said Dawson was her childhood soulmate. A soulmate doesn't have to be romantic. Remember that commercial with the coffee and they say whatever you call those people. Even soap opera digest, mentioned about two platonic soulmates when referring to a woman and man on As The World Turns, which is a show I never watch. She said she was in love with Pacey in two episodes later. Dawson actually said it before she said it. I watch a lot of tv and notice that a lot of people say they love more than one person and have feelings for them too, but that doesn't mean they are in love with them.

Quote:
Joey: I don't even know what I want, Dawson.

Dawson: Yes you do. You want him. (Joey begins to cry) You want him like I want you. You love him like I love you. The only difference is, he loves you back the same way. And you deserve that, okay? And I'm not going to be the one who stands in the way of you getting there. You're free. Do can do whatever you want.

love the contrast between this and 523 with Dawson

Let's see

Joey tells Pacey she is in love with him and wants to move forward

She says her and Dawson are stuck in one place

no money and has responsibilities

he challenges her and let's her grow

they kiss and she goes with him

Joey says she loves Dawson, but doesn't want to go with him. No clear definition of romantic love. Being a huge part of someone doesn't mean romantic. She had no reason not to go with him. It would have been 100 times easier to go with Dawson than Pacey in season 3. I have something to tell the DJer's, Joey said the same thing in 403 to Pacey about how they will always be a part of each other's lives, whether they talk to each other or not

She has money and no responsibilities

She says her and Dawson represent being fifteen and she's scared of the real world

She says Pacey's the most grown up person she knows

Old 09-17-2004, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks hshapir2. I knew you would put things in perspective for me so that line would cease to bother me anymore. Seriously, thanks for explaining away that line because now I feel so much better about it.

Tomorrow is True Love.. Oh and the anti-prom.. I adore whenever PJ dance. OMG, the music that is playing and the yearning that they have for each other during that scene is so outstanding. The "I remember everything" comment Pace makes gets me every, single time I watch it.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:07 AM
Elite Fan

thanks Wilpen. I am going to miss it again tomorrow. I will watch it on tape one day

With Dawson, it is always about being fifteen and being stuck in the past, and not wanting to grow

With Pacey, it's about the future, growing up, and being challenged, and inspired.

Joey practically says the same thing about the two of them in 323 and 523. She is still saying that her and Dawson represent not growing up. She says Pacey allows her to grow and is grown up and doesn't look back.

That's why it's amazing to me that Pacey thinks he's holding Joey back in 417. She never felt that way with him ever. It was the complete opposite

Quote:
Pacey: Well... as happy as I was for you when I found out that you were going to Worthington, I think that I was... just as happy when I found out that you weren't. It's not that I don't want you to be able to go off and realize your dreams, Joey, because I do. But for the first time, I just--I felt like it wasn't me that was holding you back from it.

Joey: Pacey, you've never held me back. You have to stop thinking like that.

Pacey: You know what? I could stop thinking like that if you'd just promise me one thing, that if the day ever comes, and it may come much sooner than either one of us thinks, but if that day ever comes where you did feel like I was holding you back... promise me that you'd cut me loose, yeah?

Joey: Pacey. Promise me that. I won't promise you that. You're asking me to promise to let you go. I can't do that.

Quote:
Joey: I was scared.

Dawson: Of what?

Joey: Of going backwards, of never growing up.

Dawson: That's what I represent to you?

Joey: No, not you. Us.

Old 09-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
FinallyPJ- I can't believe you started watching DC during season 5 and still kept watching. I bet you are thankful you did. TBS has been awesome for showing reruns. Two episodes a day I might add

Pace& Jo - You know when I saw all of the seasons, I was the same way. I guess when I started watching, it was my escape from reality. The season 5 year for me was not very good, and Dawson's Creek became my new 90210.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 09-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

hshapir2.. Excellent post. ITA.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:06 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by amore85
I loved seeing TLD today, the end scene always gets me... esp. when "In Your Keeping" starts. Why oh why couldn't that song have made the cut for the S3 DVD's?
Oh, man. I know, I KNOW!

It breaks my heart.

TLD is, and always will be, my favorite DC episode. *sigh*

I just can't wait to get S4. But, if there are two particular songs NOT on that DVD, there will be hell to pay.

Seriously.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

I can't even imagine what songs they have replaced on the Season 4 DVD. I just hope it isn't a big shocker. There are some pivotal Pacey/Joey scenes in Season 4 and the songs faintly heard in the background really put that extra punch in them.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 09-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

Call me malicious and petty, but the finale in Season 3 made me...cackle.... It's probably because I know how the whole show ends anyway, even if they do break up in S4.

Also, I warn all of you -- stay away from Amazon...that place is evil. It will make you buy things you didn't even remember wanting. I just spent almost $60 on CD's alone today...now granted, they were steals and I couldn't help myself (wonderful Jann Arden and Jessica Andrews selections), but still...evil. The word "self-control" has no meaning on that website.

Okay, I'm done.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 09-17-2004, 06:54 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fifth Element
Also, I warn all of you -- stay away from Amazon...that place is evil. It will make you buy things you didn't even remember wanting. I just spent almost $60 on CD's alone today...now granted, they were steals and I couldn't help myself (wonderful Jann Arden and Jessica Andrews selections), but still...evil. The word "self-control" has no meaning on that website.
Tell me about it.

I love that place, though.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

Me too...

Hey! I found you, you lovely little Sports Board mod...

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 09-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Absolute Fan

All i know is that if they replace "Takes my Breathe Away" in AWT, I will throw a fit. There is no other song that would do that scene justice.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Also, don't throw out those 'Joey and Pacey Forever' T-shirts... I might want to save one to blackmail you with later in life._Joey
That is so cute! Thanks for posting these.