Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Absolute Fan

School was cancelled for me today because there was a sewage backup from the town that flooded the building. It was both good and bad because even though I got the day off from work, I was already up and there before they told us.

Anywy, I ended up staying home and I got to watch DC on TBS. Sigh....I had forgotten how much I loved the P/Jo buildup in season 3. When Pacey rents her the wall and then the kiss in Cinderella Story...what a great way to spend the morning.

Kim
Old 09-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I recently got a book called "Dawson's Creek: The Secret Files" (2001) by Liz Tigelaar. She co-wrote Show Me Love. The book includes the characters diary entries, e-mails, and letters from seasons 3 and 4. They follow what happened on the show. I thought I'd post some of the PJ excerpts.

Here's an e-mail that Pacey sent to Joey during the summer between seasons 2 and 3:

"Hey Potter- Haven't seen much of your perm-a-scowl this summer. I'm actually starting to miss it. I've attached a questionaire that Dawson sent us all to fill out. I wasn't sure if you got one, but I thought you might like to fill it out."

Here's an e-mail that Joey sent to Pacey after he comforted her in 301:

"Pacey- Tonight was a night of such disappointing, humiliating proportions that I don't even know where to begin. And as much as it sucked to have you sitting on the dock with me while I was crying my eyes out, it was also nice. Have a good night. And just a tip: try rowing with both oars... then you'll stop going in circles."

Here's some stuff that Joey wrote in her diary dated Oct. 12, 1999:

"Pacey asked me if I wanted to go with him to pick up Andie from Mayfield. And although a long drive with Pacey sounded less than appealing, I'm touched that he wanted me to come with him. Of course, he told me it was just so I could pump the gas at the truck stop, since I'm an expert and all. Pig. " Then later on she wrote about Pacey and Andie's break up and wrote "I hope that Pacey's OK."

Here's some stuff that Pacey wrote in his diary dated Nov. 12, 1999:

"... when Dawson asked me to look out for Joey, he didn't mention what a pain in the ass she was. I guess on some level I knew, but had obviously forgotten, what with the other distractions going on in my life. The girl has a mouth on her! When she's not complaining about something, she's attacking you for every little move you make. God, no wonder Dawson had had enough..."
"But you know, she can throw around witty repartee with the best of 'em. Nothing phases her. She's got a comeback for everything. I mean, everything. Nothing gets by her. And her smile- I think that probably makes up for her permascowl. When she smiles at you, she does tend to light up a room."
"Dawson's been pretty lucky to have her climbing through his window all these years. He should definitely keep that ladder up for a while. She's worth it."

Has anyone read any of these before at DC sites? It's the first time I've read them. I have more that I could post later if anyone's interested.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

dcfriends enjoyed ur excerpts very cool and i had never seen them before. sounded quite a bit like what they both prob would be thinking. if its up to me feel free to add more. i enjoyed them loved this line of the email
And just a tip: try rowing with both oars... then you'll stop going in circles." made me smile
Old 09-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

I saw the Cinderella Story ep again today and it reminded me of how happy I was when it originally aired. I was so loud that my mom had to come to the living room and check on me. It was weird that I felt like reacting the same way today. Josh and Katie have great chemistry and pulled off P/J like no one else could. I also really enjoyed the Pacey/Buzz interaction. Too funny...

I haven't posted over here much, but I'm a big Creeker and loved, loved, loved Pacey and Joey together.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Hey guys

Thanks for the diary entries and the secret scene. I just woke up from a nap, so I'm off to watch my tape.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:57 AM
Absolute Fan

OMG you guys. I am soooo excited!!! I got picked as "TRL Fan of the Week". I have no idea how this happened. I entered it a couple days ago just for the he** of it. I just checked my email and they picked me. This is crazy because I never win anything. I had to feel out this questionaire(sp) and it asked what TRL celebrity would I like to meet most and what would I say to them. I said "Joshua Jackson and I would tell him how gorgeous he is."

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I watched the whole third season on dvd today and I just wanted to smack Dawson. I thought it was cute how even though Pacey wanted to be with Jo so bad, he gave her her space to think about who she wanted to be with unlike Dawson. I am so glad she choosed Pacey in the end
My LJ
Old 09-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Passionate Fan

That's great news, Pace & Jo. I'm really happy for you Does this mean you'll be on TRL?

Some more things from "The Secret Files":

An e-mail from Joey to Pacey (after they got caught by the principal in Home Movies):

"Thanks for getting us in all sorts of trouble today, Pacey. I knew I shouldn't have skipped school with you. Next time Principal Green pulls up (as if there would ever be a next time), leave the talking to me."
"And as for being the mule as punishment, you better find us a way out of that or:
As payback, M is for how miserable I'm going to make your life everyday!"

Some things Joey wrote in her diary dated December 1, 1999 (it's kind of long, so I'll summarize parts of it and quote the Pacey stuff). She wrote about Dawson and how she feels they're barely friends anymore. She wrote about Andie and how she doesn't know what's happening with her ever since the Rob incident. Some things she wrote about Pacey:

"I feel like my relationships are falling apart with everyone but Pacey, and he's been acting weird too... I don't know what's going on with him. I haven't even been able to find him the last few days. Every time I see him he's running off somewhere with Jen. Weird. And I'm supposed to be tutoring him in math in exchange for him helping me with those dance lessons (I'm trying to get a scholarship- desperate times, desperate measures, blah blah blah), but I can't seem to find him anywhere..."

Some things from Pacey's diary dated December 1, 1999:

"Joey and I have been growing closer, I guess. She's tutoring me in math in exchange for some dancing lessons. Not a bad trade off... except I hate math and I hate dancing. But I don't hate Joey. Just the opposite, actually."
"This watching out for her stuff isn't so bad, although in retrospective I bet I could have pawned a twenty from Dawson for my services. But I actually enjoy spending time with her. Don't get me wrong- mean and cynical isn't always a walk in the park, but as far as friends go, she's pretty awesome. Not to mention hot."

I'm glad you enjoyed the excerpts BabyBlueEyes. I had a fun time reading them, so I thought I'd post some of them over here for others to read too. I'll post more later.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dcfriends
That's great news, Pace & Jo. I'm really happy for you Does this mean you'll be on TRL?

I wish. No, just on the website. Thats a big deal for me. I am from a small town in West Virginia.

Old 09-15-2004, 02:24 AM
Total Fan

dcfriends- Thanks for posting the little PJ secret moments from ur book!
PaceandJo- Congrats on being TRL fan of the week!
Old 09-15-2004, 02:25 AM
Elite Fan

dcfriends, thanks so much for bringing that stuff over. Where can I find it? I would love anything else that you could post''

Congratulations, pace and jo.

Finally, I am so glad you saw the secret scene. When did you start watching in season 5? thanks

I love in tomorrow's episode when Jen is telling Joey that Pacey kissing her didn't come out of nowhere. Jen was always fluffing them. In Longest Day, she tells Pacey that Joey wants to be with him.

Quote:
Every time I see him he's running off somewhere with Jen. Weird. And I'm supposed to be tutoring him in math in exchange for him helping me with those dance lessons
this is so true because I remember her saying that who knows where you've been lately. He said he was busy and she's like sure

Quote:
Joey: Look, I'm not gonna help you, Pacey. I've been busting my butt all semester while you've been… ah, who knows what the hell you've been doing lately.

Pacey: I've been busy.

Joey: Busy, right. Pacey, you have a very undemanding part-time job, your only familial obligation is to feed the dog everyday, and your social life is basically a triangle consisting of you, me and Dawson.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 09-15-2004, 03:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks everyone!

I just have to post this scene because I just watched it and I can truly say I will never get tired of it. I do prefer the original song rather then the one on the dvd.

Pacey: Alright, what did you mean by that?

Joey: By what?

Pacey: About me knowing you better than anybody else.

Joey: Exactly what I said, Pacey. You know me, okay? In a way that nobody else besides Dawson ever had…

Pacey: I'm not talking about Dawson, right now. We're talking about me. You can't keep on doing this to me, Potter.

Joey: Doing what? So I count on you and I tell you secrets and…

Pacey: And you call me in the middle of the night to pick you up. Why?

Joey: I'm sorry that I called. I thought that I…

Pacey: I'm not mad that you called me, I just want to know why you called me.

Joey: You were the first person that I thought of, Pacey.

Pacey: What does that mean, Jo?

Joey: It means that… I guess it… It means that I can talk to you, and that you're there for me…

Pacey: Don't you ever get tired of talking?

Joey: No. I don't…

Pacey: Well I get tired of talking…

Joey: I don't get tired. I don't…

Pacey: I don't want to talk anymore.

Joey: What are you trying to say? Why are we standing…

images courtesy of josh-jackson.net

Old 09-15-2004, 03:47 AM
Elite Fan

thanks pace and jo. Morgan and AJ were totally Joey and Pacey. They said don't let the banter fool you, we hate each other. Joey even told Pacey he needs to read between the banter. They kissed once and it meant nothing. Not even going back to season 1, that's what they say in Neverland. She picks out your wallpaper. Pacey encourages her, inspires her, and challenges her

I love that Joey did say Pacey was encouraging about the rally. Dawson even recognizes that Joey is standing up for herself more. Of course, he doesn't realize it is Pacey' s influence

I love how Jen is like "he did" when talking about Pacey and the flyers

When Joey is on the phone with AJ, she said that's what Pacey said. She was thinking about him when talking to AJ.

I like that she said she was going to need his help with the wall. She likes him being around, like when she told Jen she hadn't heard on seen Pacey all day. She misses him, like dc friends said.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 09-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Total Fan

Joey: Busy, right. Pacey, you have a very undemanding part-time job, your only familial obligation is to feed the dog everyday, and your social life is basically a triangle consisting of you, me and Dawson.

Now, if that does scream "forshadowing" I don't know what does!

PaceandJo- Thanks for posting the "Don't you get tired of talking?" scene... it never gets old!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Finally, I am so glad you saw the secret scene. When did you start watching in season 5? thanks
Hshapir2, I actually started watching DC during season 5...actually the first episode. I remember watching the scene from Season 3 when Dawson and Eve were making out at the pep rally...didn't watch anymore until the dreaded "Coda" episode. When I saw the commercial for Season 5, I thought.."Well, nothing else is on so why not watch Dawson's Creek". After that...and I know it's hard to believe considering the season I really started watching...I was hooked. And I can't say this enough times but I was SOOOOO greatful for TBS showing all the seasons. When I saw all of them...I was really hooked. Me and a co-worker used to email each other back about each episode.

Even without knowing about the whole triangle and the stories behind it, I could tell during "Appetite for Destruction" there was really something powerful behind Pacey and Joey. And I was rooting for them until the end. I was extremely happy to see some interaction between them during Season 6 starting with "Clean & Sober". After that, I knew that those two just had to end up together.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Closed Thread   Post New Thread