Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I just noticed something in the TBS episode today!

I think it was in Kiss, Kiss BB.. Correct me if I am wrong, hshapir2 on the episode.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Whenever Gretchen and Joey were talking as Joey was trying on a dress for the party that night.. And Gretchen tells Joey how Dawson can make popcorn and a movie into whatever she says exactly.. Don't remember the exact wording..

Anyway, Joey looks kind of bothered by Gretchen saying that. It was all about Joey feeling threatened that Gretchen was going to take the "best friend" place from her with Dawson.. That was it. I mean, that is why Joey is so bothered. It was about friendship. And I think the fact that the writers had Gretchen mention the movies/popcorn deal, proves that Joey was only upset about losing her best friend title to Gretchen. That's it.

And then all the rest of the episodes where Joey seems bothered about Gretchen, it remains that she is bothered because of the best friend title she thinks she is going to lose to her. This episode is total proof that Joey was NEVER jealous of Dawson and Gretchen romantically. She was only jealous of the best friend title being taken away..
Old 03-25-2004, 07:23 PM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

amore if you ever find a pacey please let us know where and what location lol.

i love the picture dawson took of p/j in kiss kiss bang bang. i think that is my number 1 favorite p/j photo. that picture says it all. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Total Fan

Very insightful Cleveland! I never thought of that, but your right... it really does make sence.
YBB- [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'll definitly let you know when and where I find him! I also love the picture Dawson took of Pacey and Joey. It's so beautiful.... just like the love that is, and will always be P/J!
Old 03-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by amore85:
<STRONG>Very insightful Cleveland! I never thought of that, but your right... it really does make sence.
[</STRONG>
Thanks,
amore.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And I agree about the Pace and Jo pic. I loved that pic! It encapulates everything that IS Pacey and Joey. Just by looking at that pic, you can see the endless love that they have for each other. And I must give credit where credit is due.. I was impressed that Dawson gave that pic to Joey. One of the most admirable things I think he has ever done.. Joey's eyes just glowed with happiness when she received the pic.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for posting Cleveland. I totally noticed that too. It wasn't about wanting Dawson in the romantic sense. She even said in season 2 that she didn't like that Jen was taking over her role in Dawson's life.

Joey: Look, you want our relationship to change, Jen? Then stop encroaching on what's mine. I mean, you systematically continue to recast yourself in my role. I mean, everytime I turn around I'm being replaced by you in some form, and then, you're fain, shocked, and surprised when I resent you for it.

Jen: How have I replaced you, Joey?

Joey: Oh, well, first you were Dawson's girlfriend, and now your his producer, his collaborator, his best friend. I mean, you've adopted his interest in his dreams and now his mother. I mean, what's next? Are you going to get a job at the Icehouse and take up watercolors?

It wasn't only in terms of his love interest. It was many things Joey even said in her essay in 501 that she hasn't wanted to kiss Dawson in years. So, that can't be denied no matter what the DJer's say. Another thing that can't be denied is that Joey tells Dawson point blank in 415 that her answer would have been different years ago. "Not turning out they way I thought they would." Dawson is an oblivious tool. I wish I could have read the essay like someone said it was once on a site. I heard it was about how Joey had fell in love with someone else "cough Pacey cough" and her friendship with Dawson. I also notice that Pacey said he knew about Joey's writing, so take that for what it's worth. I have no idea. It reminded me of when Dawson was hanging out with Nikki and they were not dating and Joey didn't like that Nikki was Dawson's new go to girl. I totally agree. I noticed something else. Even if Joey is bothered by Dawson and another girl, it's always Pacey that makes Joey feel better. It's not like she is pining a way for Dawson or crying her eyes out. Watch the end of season 3. She was completely miserable without Pacey. I never saw her cry her eyes out because she couldn't be with Dawson. Here are a few examples. Valentine's Day Massacre, she may have been bothered by Kate, but she was all blushing and smiles when Pacey said he was going to take her out driving. Self Reliance, she was all happy at the end when she made up with Pacey and he helped her study. Even in 412, Joey's concern is Pacey. Then, they are outside at the end enjoying the fireworks. In 510, Joey is all happy when she was hugging Pacey. No waxy melty face. Even when she bring up Dawson in the next episode, she doesn't even really care anymore after she found out she got all A's.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 03-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Great post, hshapir2. I entirely agree with you.

I think it all boils down to the simple fact that Joey stopped having romantic feelings for Dawson by the end of season two/brief beginning of season three. After this she was done. And once she fell in love with Pacey, she never had a romantic feeling left for Dawson again. And all those ridiculous and brief encounters, such as Coda, Swan Song, and whenever they slept together at the beginning of season six was not on a romantic level at all. She loved Dawson in a platonic way, but somehow always got a little blurry in thinking that she was "suppose to" be with Dawson romantically, instead of actually ever "feeling" that she wanted to be with Dawson romantically. Thus, that is why all of their brief tries never computed to anything substantial. Joey wasn't in love with Dawson. She just thought she "should be" and went through the motions until everything eventually became crystal..

I also have doubts on whether or not Dawson was even truly in love with Joey either.. I am not sure what I think about this. What does everyone else think?
Old 03-26-2004, 11:50 AM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

thanks for another glimpse of that photo hshapir, i absolutely adore looking at it. i love the short but sweet scene today of pacey and joey in the tao of dawson sitting out on the docks. pacey was sitting directly behind joey and had his arm around her and was kissing her. i wish i could find a photo of that.

lol amore, im definitely holding you to your promise. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this thread I love pacey and joey there one of my favorite couples. I post all the time on the P+J couples board.

Old 03-26-2004, 05:38 PM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

welcome dixie, love the photos. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

totally agree Cleveland. Your welcome YBB.

Quote:
Thus, that is why all of their brief tries never computed to anything substantial. Joey wasn't in love with Dawson. She just thought she "should be" and went through the motions until everything eventually became crystal..
Joey even said this in season 5 to Pacey that what Joey Potter was suppose to want has shifted. I think Joey felt she had to be stuck with Dawson, even though she didn't really want it. I think she felt she owed it to him, to try again. She really was very indifferent. I mean, even when she kisses him in 507, it is after he left her the message and she knew he felt bad. In Swan Song, he gave her a guilt trip letter. If I was in love with someone, I would want to be there for the good and the bad. I mean, Joey was with Pacey through all his season 4 insecurities. She still didn't want to let him go.

I also love the way Joey's face lights up when she is talking to Drue about her and Pacey. She says he is always surprising her and is very passionate.

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited hshapir2 ]

Old 03-27-2004, 12:59 AM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

i agree hshapir, i love the way she complements pacey to drue as well. i notice in the next two episodes he's always trying to make joey jealous. the episode where they double date with drue and anna, its funny b/c you can see the jealousy when he mentions how much of a good time they are having.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

I agree YBB. Joey is so jealous when Anna is talking Pacey and Drue says that Pacey is always rescuing blondes in distress. IN Winter's Tale, she is even more jealous and that's why she lashes out at Pacey. I can't believe this is the same girl a year later ugh. Joey got jealous in the Longest Day when Pacey was talking to Andie in the library and when Andie started talking about Pacey. I have the pic. She was obviously not all there. Singing to a mugger only a few hours later. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Don't forget how Joey is all snarky when Pacey mentions Karen in 505?

Old 03-28-2004, 10:24 AM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

i agree hshapir. by the way is anyone going to start a new thread or are we just suppose to continue on this one?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread