View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 09:11 AM
*~*Rach*~*
Elite Fan

I know that you wanted to redo the intro, Kat, but I wanted to post here that I've managed to rescue the original (minus the links to the clips). Since this thread was always your baby, feel free to do whatever you like with it!

Quote:
What better time to open a video discussion thread than the day of the world exclusive "Out Of The Blue" video debut? I thought it might be worthwile, particularly to posters outside of Australia and the UK, to learn more about Delta's videos. I thought the best way to do that was to compile a videography. I included some stats you might find to be of interest, as well as the odd snippet from production articles, and quotes from Delta on what makes the songs and concepts meaningful to her.

---

The Delta Goodrem Videography
I Don't Care
Release Date: Early 2001
Director: Anthony Rose

"No Regrets! It was probably one of the best things to have happened. It forced me to go, "Right, what am I going to do now?" On my wall I had a chart where I'd written "I Don't Care" at number one. I looked at it and thought "Why didn't it happen?" I did a lot of soul-searching." - Delta

Born To Try
Release Date: October, 2002
Director: Miikka Lommi

"I didn't specifically decide that I wanted to do the clip in Finland but from all the video clips stories I read, it was a clip I liked. However the director was in Finland so, instead of flying the whole crew to Australia, they just flew me over there. It was really exciting." - Delta

Lost Without You
Release Date: February, 2003
Director: Katie Bell

"In my first clip, it looks like me a bit...I mean I love it, but I just wanted my second video clip to show more of who I really am. In my film clips, I need some laughing but I need the serious side of me aswell - because there is a very serious side to me when it comes to my music. The second video is a little looser. It shows me playing the piano and stuff, me a little more relaxed. I'm really happy about how it shows another step. "The video director went and did a whole new clip after meeting me and seeing me perform. It was awesome. I had a clip I was happy with! I was like ‘Send all the other ideas back, I'm not doing them!'" - Delta

Innocent Eyes
Release Date: June, 2003
Director: Michael Gracey

"The song Innocent Eyes was a real baby for me. I wanted it to hit the top for me and Vince. It's hard when you put the film clip in other people's hands. It's hard because I know I'm marketed like a pop-star, but I know how much I do behind the scenes. Those are my songs and it can be so wrenching when people tamper with them because they've have to market them. It's like "What are you doing?" It's got my name on it. I'm the one who has to stand up there so I've got make sure it's OK". - Delta

Not Me, Not I
Release Date: 15th September, 2003
Director: Michael Spiccia

-visually evokes the emotion of lost love.
A combination of sets, locations and visual effects were used to create the fairytale world in which the video is set. Whilst the various elements of the scenery were designed so as not to detract from Delta Goodrem's performance, elements such as the old crumbling house, the overgrown garden and the surreal pond create a strong backdrop. - From SMPTE.org

"If I try and dodge the subject of honesty when I'm writing a song, it never works. Honesty is s massive thing to put into songs. If you're honest with yourself and then put it into a song...Some people like writing poems, some people like writing. I always start with a piano piece and I had this piece of music for such a long time, I ended up writing this whole piece of music, and then something happened so I went back to it. I really felt the need to complete the video before I started more treatment. Not Me, Not I is one of my favourite tracks on the album and I'm just so happy I was well enough to film the video." - Delta

A Year Ago Today
Release Date: October 13th, 2003 (on DVD)
Director: Fabrizio Lipari

"This is a very special track to me. It's dedicated to my Aunty Sandra, who was such a wonderful influence in my life. It's also about a very close friend's mum's passing." - Delta

Out Of The Blue
Release date: October 1st, 2004
Director: Nigel Dick

Nigel took a step away from his usual concept oriented videos and instead decided to create a visual stunning artistic piece that centres on Delta's beauty and wonderful, wide open and free spirit. The video for her new single "Out Of The Blue" was shot both on the beach and in the forest with a very intimate and enchanting feel to the performance and camera movements. - From mvwire.com

Mistaken Identity
Release Date: December, 2004
Director: Michael Spiccia

"Mistaken Identity was on of the first tracks written for the album. It was like a no brainer - that's going to be the title of the album because this is such a defining moment...and the lyrics are my favourite on the album...it's one of my [most] favourite songs that I've written". - Delta

Almost Here (Duet with Brian McFadden)
Release Date: December, 2004
Director: Martin Weisz

"All that did it for me was that I heard this song and I kept thinking, I really feel these lyrics. I didn't think about doing a duet for my album...I fell in love with the song and thought he [Brian] had such a great voice that I just wanted to be a part of it...I think when you're going through a relationship break-up...it's like the perfect break-up song". - Delta

A Little Too Late
Release Date: May, 2005
Director: Anthony Rose

"It's a really uplifting track. A lot of other songs are quite intense and quite dramatic so I really needed a song that said, 'I'm singing, do do do-do...' When we were recording it we were all just shrugging our shoulders and having fun'. - Delta

Lost Without You - US Video
Release date: August, 2005
Director: