View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 09:27 AM
Chris
Senior Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
I Raffi calling Jean-Luc ‘JL’ annoyed me. I mean what is this and seems a bit OOC for Picard. I quite like her though.
Me too! And it wasn't just once, when he first arrived to show that she's annoyed with him, but seems to be what she routinely calls him. I really can't see the Picard we know putting up with that. He'd be correcting her. Otherwise I did like the character. The resentment of Picard's resignation causing the loss of her security clearance, and her current circumstances compared to his seem realistic.

Not sure yet what I think of Rios. The holograms are an interesting twist. I'm afraid it might get annoying.

I've really liked Laris & Zhaban, especially Laris. They're definitely more than just housekeepers. I'll miss seeing them.

There's definitely something off about Soji & Dahj's mother. While she might not know that Soji is dead, she would definitely know that something is wrong and that she's missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I agree with Tracey. This show is being quite slow to start and I'm not invested in the characters yet. But still Discovery had a slow start too, so perhaps my interest will be sparked yet.
I know exactly what you mean. I want to like the show, but it hasn't hooked me yet. I"m not sure I'd continue watching if it didn't feature Picard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)
Found the ready room ep:
Thanks for that. I've added it to the OP.