View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 04:38 AM
Austenphile
Elite Fan

I loved this episode.

Ben making the video for Olive’s wedding was sweet and sad. Loved that Grace has taken on a more supportive role this season encouraging him.

Loved the cinematography with Michaela’s calling in the street. The little meet up with Zeke in the bank was cute where she wondered if the Calling was about Zeke and he teased her.

Speaking of cute, TJ and Olive’s interactions were adorable. Not sure how her taking him to the cult is going to work out, but its always fun to see little Olive flashbacks.

I love TJ and Ben hunting down the clues together. It’s a cool relationship and brings another passenger into the main gang. Poor TJ was so hurt when he found out the death date that way.

I wasn’t too sold on the bank robbery until Zeke knocked off the hood and we realized it was a passenger. Then tying it into the death date (6224) AND TJ’s calling was brilliant, especially the whole peacock thing. Loved the brothers reuniting.

Ben and Grace’s moonlight dance was adorable.

Jared was more the guy I loved in season 1. He called Ben and he had Mick’s back. His flirty banter with the bartender was cute. I doubt they are more than a fling but it’s fun. Other than his getting dragged into the Xers, I worry how much he can stay part of the main story if he’s not tied directly to Michaela as her love interest or partner. I always enjoy Jared/Ben scenes.

Vance was hilarious - it isn’t junior high Saanvi.

Adrian continues to give me the creeps. You could feel the annoyance seeping off him in his talk with audience. Not sure where they are headed with that story either but I’m along for the ride.

Poor Troy. He’s just got a crush on Saanvi and he’s rewarded with that.

I definitely missed Cal this week.

And I’ve been progressively getting more and more fed up with Saanvi outside her research knowledge. The character has become so childish between the silent treatment, the hypocrisy (don’t lie to me but I’ll lie to you), and even the completely messy bedroom that looks like a teenager. She seems like a character from a completely different show they are trying to tie into the story by playing up her friendship with Ben one episode every so often as super important and then having him act like she doesn’t even exist most of the time. She needs more connections to the main cast than a potential ship for a married man if she’s going to be a viable interesting character after the Major storyline finishes up.

Last edited by Austenphile; 02-01-2020 at 04:44 AM