View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 12:39 AM
Candy83
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Well that was surprising. I did like they did the gotcha with the ultimate villian. The Russian was very cartoonish. Intense. Bishop has been known to go off the reservation before... With what happened to her past love Quasim. and done stuff that could almost rival Gibbs's past, although it's not as long and gritty as his past...

So, I guess, who knows what it all means...

Question is if the show has learned from the long tease with Tony and Ziva. Seems they are blantant acknwowledging and yet ignoring at the same time.

They did go dark with that last scene, and the implication.
I was a viewer of CBS’s Scorpion.

That series had two couples. One pair were supporting and one pair were the lead characters.

Establishing them, and how to execute, can be tricky.

Scorpion handled the supporting characters very naturally. Well-done. But, the series yanked the collective chains on the lead couple. The 2017–18 season that saw ABC premiere The Good Doctor sent Scorpion into a tailspin because NBC also debuted The Brave. The Good Doctor became a Top 10 hit. The Brave and Scorpion were spending the season battling for second in the time-slot. Only The Good Doctor survived the season to return for the 2018–19 season. And during Scorpion’s forth and last season, the showrunners did not adjust (they had ample warning with the ratings and the potential for cancellation) and set the lead characters back on the right path. (The series ended bitterly.)

A lot of people who don’t want, say, two characters on a given series to become a couple have concern it can get screwed up. And that it can negatively affect the dynamics of the series. I think NCIS knows better by its example with handling Tim’s relationship with and marriage to Delilah. That particular area of storytelling is about having these main characters have personal lives, which over time go through some changes, to go along with their professional ones. To get Ellie and Nick together, to have them become established as a couple, I think NCIS would not distract the audience with having them argue (bicker) while investigating crimes.

I think part of the reason why viewers want Ellie and Nick together are, yes, they are right for each other. But, really, it has to do with caring about the characters and wanting to see them—if they have the opportunity—have love in their lives. NCIS did right with Tim, after all his years, and the series can do it again with Ellie and Nick. And, frankly, people are looking out for an on-the-horizon pairing of Gibbs and Sloane.
Candy83 is offline   Reply With Quote