View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 08:31 AM
Wes&FredFan
Supreme Fan

I think that Vic's initial take on seeing Odo and Kira wasn't so much that Kira only saw him as a friend, but that there was clearly something there between them boiling beneath the surface. He read that Odo was afraid to act on his feelings, but I suspect that he also saw that Kira was waiting for Odo to do something about it.

What happened on the Promenade was a culmination of things. Odo, being humiliated, wanting to run away. And Kira, tired of waiting and wanting another date with him, would not let him run anymore. They're both frustrated with the situation. The moment Odo jealously mentions Shakaar, that is when Kira puts her hand out to stop him. Kira tells him that she and Shakaar are just friends. As in, telling Odo that HE is NOT just a friend ... which he realizes (you even see him take that in) since he decides to ask her what happens if they go out to dinner.

When you're snowed in and have nowhere to go, it's easy to binge your favorite O/K moments .

Added a new O/K moment of the week:

Odo proving that he knows Kira better than anybody else, and he's not even her lover yet. "It doesn't matter if I think there are any survivors, or even if you think there are any survivors -- you are going to go looking for that ship. And all I can say is, good luck."

ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 01-20-2020 at 11:38 AM