View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 03:18 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Oh wow, that guy was great!

I like how Angel/Cordy came out of nowhere for him, I think that a lot of audience felt that way - especially with how thick it was laid on in that one episode. I think that everyone, except cangel shippers, can see that Angel's priorities & actions in that episode didn't make sense at all

He's in my top 5 favorite reactors on Youtube! He's really does a great job! Man how shocked he's going to be during the "Lullaby" episode.
And I just love how much he loves Darla... when Darla disappeared in season 2 he kept wondering if we would see her again and how her story just got left opened. He even wanted to see Harmony again.

He watched the entire Buffy series but he never watched Angel until now and now things makes much more sense to him. lol He didn't even know Faith got redeemed on the Angel series. lol And also the Dru appearance in the Fools In Love episode also make sense...

He wasn't hopeful for Angel/Darla's baby since he has a tough time believing that the baby would never be mentioned on the Buffy series. Luckily Buffy didn't spoil a lot of the storylines that was happening on Angel!

Oh and I am curious to how he will feel about Wes/Fred. He might eventually ship them but for now he said he can't see them together because they are more like brother and sister to him right now... he said he's seen some moments with Gunn so he wonders if that will happen.

It really just shows (as we discussed) how the mindset from viewers changed in the present compared to the past.

The A/C thing annoyed me so much because as you mentioned, it was way too rushed. One episode I was watching them as best friends and then the next episode they are secretly in love with each other and Fred talks about how perfect they are together, huh? It's like 10 episodes skipped for me. lol It was way to heavy handled with no hints of developing feelings so I wasn't a fan.

CA shippers are truly blinded if they didn't see how rushed that happened. lol
I think I could've became a shipper if it was slowed down back like 100. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
It is heartbreaking, but still so beautiful. I think that, in that moment, Darla understood Angel better than she ever had before. She understood the weight of what they did & how nothing could ever make up for it.

& as bad as it sounds, she wouldn't change anything if it meant that she never would have had Connor

She sure did! It was nice she got to share Connor's soul and feel as much love as she did.
Darla was still herself but she related more and was more compassionate.

Urg for us never getting a Dangel/Connor scene.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote