View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 04:12 PM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

scififan2009 – Thank you for the video. I've never been to a convention (apart from the one I accidentally walked past, I think I mentioned that). Have all of you been?

Tia – I guess I understand where you are coming from. I have never really been into superhero shows or Superman – never watched any of the other shows, admittedly I may have read the occasional comic when I looked for some for other people but that's really all. So yes what I wanted to say is, even from watching Smallville alone it seems odd – Clark/Superman without powers because despite his constant fight with his Kryptonian side and Jor-El, it was something that belonged to him and he learnt to make his own over the seasons. The leaving the partner behind theme – I guess that's something that is not exclusive to this situation but has been a theme on other series/movies as well, it's still sad nonetheless. But yes like you said... I guess with this glimpse they gave us in the Arrowverse, Clark giving up his powers (permanently or temporarily), that does make Lois special.

I think all in all, I preferred Lois and Clark to be a team – like yes those scenes when she didn't know he was The Blur and the phone calls were sweet and all but overall my favourite parts were when they were investigating things together... or even that episode that was kind of terrible where Lois created her own superheroine persona and then ended up rescuing Clark and Jimmy. (I also, and I'm fully aware that I'm surely in a minority here, loved the interactions between the Lane sisters and was so happy when they finally talked things out and made up in season 10.)

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").