View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 11:38 AM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JournalingJedi (View Post)
I personally don’t think the parents knew Alex and liz were in jail, I mean the two just walked out alone. The parents NEVER mentioned it. Also being caught with alcohol at a party was way way less then holding a gun in a robbery attempt!
I forget to look whether it was on Phillip's evidence board LOL. I never questioned it at the time, and it took many rewatches to wonder if yeah Jim was bluffing about having called the parents. Everyone else sketchy from the party had been bailed out by their parents. And yet, when Liz and Alex had barely done anything wrong to that point, Jeff or at least Alex's parents never showed. Yeah, Jim was bluffing. Hoping it would get them to spill, but it didn't.

Quote:
I thought Diane and Phillip kicking Max out was way over the top. I agree Diane was the most clueless of the four parents. Seemed odd Diane wouldn’t talk sense into Phillip. But, the writers wanted Max out so he could come and go without the parents asking questions. Although they never seemed concerned s1 or s2 with all the overnight excursions!
Technically it was only Phillip who gave the threat. Max took it further. I think he was hoping it would get Max to tell him what was going on, but Max couldn't lie to him anymore, and and now it would be definitely holding a secret and lying because they were suspicious. Thanks to Utah.

The way Diane was freaking in the aftermath about Max. Made me think it was rash on Phillip, and more his move than Diane's. She would have continued to be oblivious if it meant her son was at home. To Isabel it sounded that Max was more her favorite than her daughter was. Which had to frustrate Isabel, and why she battled with Diane over the wedding, which definitely Diane didn't agree with...

Yeah, I liked Max and Michael as roommates. But yeah it gave them more laditude. But it didn't stop Phillip's questions, and just egged it on.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!