View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 12:04 PM
danceswithelephantss
New Fan

Brianna's anger issues

After watching season 4 of Outlander, especially the last few episodes, I'm floored by the immaturity of Brianna, at least I'm guessing it's immaturity. It could be instead an intolerance that does not bode well for relationships. Brianna's fury and subsequent breakup with Roger after she finds out that he didn't tell her about the news story reporting her mother's death in a fire was just ridiculous. Roger clearly did what he did out of love and, yes, it was misguided, but she could have corrected him, told him he was wrong to do it and then move on. If I felt the need to voice the kind of vitriol and anger that Brianna did, I would either examine myself or, yes, wonder if I was with the right person. But her anger seemed so self-indulgent and self-righteous - it was as though she had a right to be cruel and hateful. In a loving relationship though, there's no call for that. She does the same thing with Jamie when he mis-speaks after finding out that she doesn't know the father of her child. Sure, she had a right to be angry and to voice that anger but to refuse a good-bye to him and to hold a grudge long after it's appropriate, if such a grudge is ever appropriate, is either immature or indicative of serious anger issues. If she can learn to reign in her anger some and can mature as a result, she will be a much more interesting character in the show.

Last edited by danceswithelephantss; 12-21-2019 at 12:18 PM