View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 06:10 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
OMG! Am I dreaming?

Exactly! Bruce would NEVER leave Gotham, as we all know. He only ever left Gotham twice in the comics: once when he was a teenager and he left to go study abroad and learn everything he could from detectives, criminologists, and martial arts masters, and the second time when he was recovering from Bane breaking his back. The old Birds of Prey TV show did the same thing, having Bruce leave Gotham after being driven crazy following Catwoman's murder at hands of the Joker. Well, that never happened in the comics either. Why do these shows seem to think that the only way a woman can be a hero in Gotham is if Bruce Wayne is driven out or diminished? Batgirl and Black Canary never had to do that.
Haha. Nah this is the point where I will agree with you and I think that's why I sort of disliked the creation of Supergirl and Batwoman. Only because it seemed to me like they were written to be copycats of Superman and Batman.
I don't care who has an issue with that with me thinking that as well.
Well I dislike them on their own tv series, not in the comics... Batwoman I didn't read comics of so I dunno... Supergirl I DID read comics of and I prefer her version in the comics a bit since her purpose wasn't to have all of Superman comics stories as her own. lol

I guess that's why Powergirl was once more famous.

I am all for woman empowerment! I am a woman. But don't need to slam Batman and Superman to make both of those characters work.

For Supergirl though, this Superman bashing nonsense didn't happen in the comics it's only been happening in the tv series and they even gave the Supergirl series JIMMY FREAKING OLSEN??? A miscast of Jimmy Olsen I may add. And Mercad, I love ya! But they should've cast him for another role... he even became a crime fighter and all of that. Should've just had him in a great new role or something and the real Jimmy Olsen could be at the DAILY PLANET!!!

They had to get Cat Grant... who owns her own company. lol Well it was the most likable she's ever been but this whole Supergirl story was just ridiculous because they really just gave her Superman's backstory...and friends.

I am so happy about my Superman and Lois show, trust me I am but it's a shame that the Supergirl series used a lot of Superman's storyline to make it into Supergirls'

I will say that I loved when the Legion came on to Supergirl because I was like FINALLLY!!!! We finally got a Supergirl comic book storyline... Supergirl is with the Legion a lot and has a close relationship with Brainiac 5! One of the few stories they actually got right thus far.

So I guess in Batwoman, we will see Batwoman and Joker against each other since Batman abandoned his city and all.

It should've been better backstory then only, "Batman abandoned Gotham City so Batwoman will be the savior." Oh please.

And you are correct, it's probably why Batgirl and Black Canary work better for me because they can save the world without tearing down their counterpart for it to work.
I love Supergirl though... just wish they gave her her own storylines and not Superman's...