View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 02:51 AM
zannej
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I kind of understand now why Lena is angry with Kara for lying to her but when you compare what Andrea did to Kara's secret, it doesn't really compare. Really good episode though. I like how Andrea's story tied so closely to why things spiraled out of control in Lena's life. It was all tied to that medallion.
I agree that it wasn't comparative but Lena was saying everyone she was ever close with betrayed her in some way so it wasn't just some incident. She's not thinking rationally.

I liken it to how my best friend acted toward his new girlfriend when they were first dating. He'd previously been in a relationship with an extremely abusive, manipulative, & horrible girlfriend so whenever his new girlfriend did anything even similar to things his ex did that he didn't like he would overreact. Sometimes if he even thought she was going to start acting like his ex he would freak out. He was so damaged from the bad relationship that any little thing would set him off (mind you, this was in conjunction with him having a traumatic brain injury from a bad accident). It took almost a year for him to relax & not flip out over stuff.

Lena said in the episode after this that she killed her brother to protect Supergirl only to learn that she'd been lied to. She (mistakenly) believed that Kara thought she was stupid & played her for a fool. She's a very emotionally damaged person who had a messed up childhood. That doesn't excuse the behavior but it at least explains why she feels the way she does.
zannej is offline   Reply With Quote