View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 01:29 AM
zannej
Part-Time Fan

The twist with Lena reminds me a lot of how things went down with Katie's character on "Merlin". She felt betrayed without understanding what the other people were thinking/feeling. In fairness, Merlin did try to kill her (if only to save everyone else & he hated doing it) but she went full evil in season 5 of that show.

I still think Lena can be redeemed though.

I found it interesting how Brainy was able to just tap his head and repair his LED- although he touched the other side of his head to turn his image inducer back on. I will note that his makeup has vastly improved from when he first showed up but I still find the lack of eyebrows annoying. I also wish they would have done some shading on his lips so they weren't the exact same color as the rest of his face. They could have made them just slightly darker to show lip definition. The texture of the makeup is also odd as well. They did it much better on "Defiance", but he didn't have prosthetic attachments for that show and I think they have to match the texture of whatever they use to add the forehead lumps & ridges, but it's still somewhat frustrating to me that the makeup isn't better (full disclosure, I don't even wear makeup at all so I would probably suck at applying it, but I've seen amateurs do a better job with scifi makeup).

I was very happy to see Mitch Pileggi and I hope we will see him again. I loved him on X-Files. I wonder who the blonde woman is. It was interesting to see Margaret go from being the powerful intimidating person to being intimidated.

I missed Nia again. I don't know why she's been missing. I wish we'd at least seen how she reacted to Brainy mentioning an explosion.

I'm not thrilled about the heel turn for Lena & her using Kryptonite on Kara like she did.

Am I the only one that felt there was something missing with how it went from Brainy & Alex in the cave looking around with no explanation of what happened when they decided to leave etc & Alex was just back visiting Kelly? I wonder if there were deleted scenes that dealt with that.

I also think it is odd that Brainy had an inhibitor. Maybe it repressed his memories of being more emotional in the past & with the inhibitor he was more controlled. That would make more sense than him never having emotions in 7 years with the Legion. I know in some versions of the comic book stories he was antisocial & rude but the forehead upgrades made him more pleasant (at least until his mother attacked him).

I liked seeing fast-babbling Brainy, although it didn't seem like he really thought things through on marching straight into the potential enemy lair like he did. That was dumb. I too would like to see his backstory & some explanation of why he had an inhibitor.

I also found it funny that he mentioned he goes to Pilates every Tuesday & has a croissant & tea. I like little details like that. I wonder if his inhibitor will stay off or if it got turned back on. I also wonder if he wanted an inhibitor on or if it was forced on him (perhaps for the preservation of his sanity). I'd really love to see more of the Legion members pay a visit & see how they interact. Maybe have one of them warn team Supergirl that Brainy has gone bonkers in the past (or at least come close to it). I still really want them to bring in his mother or at least have flashbacks.

I also noticed that Kara has had more of a red tone to her skin & it's almost like she's had some sort of skin irritation. I don't know if it's makeup or what, but it's been in a few episodes thus far.

I'm also missing James, but I understand why the actor left.

I enjoyed the moments with J'onn and his father and then with his brother.

I'm glad that Kelly didn't break up with Alex.
zannej is offline   Reply With Quote