View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 12:57 PM
SweetSymphony
Master Fan

Asher & Olivia (All American) #1: "If you don't want me to kiss you, please say something now." - Asher

a s h e r o l i v i a
appreciation thread

- fans -
1. SweetSymphony
2. eternalfate

- quotes -
A: It's about not destroying the lives of the 3 people I care about the most. Leila would be devastated, and Jordan would hate me for involving you.
O: And let me guess, third person's you.
A: Actually, it's you. I'm serious. You had a rough ride last year, and you're kind of really turning things around. I don't want to mess that up for you.
[1×03]
O: I can't leave him there alone.
Chris: Even after everything?
O: I know what it's like to hit rock bottom. He needs a friend.
[1×07]
A: They invited me to play.
O: Asher, that's amazing. I mean, the gold envelope's a bit much. Kind of Willy Wonka, if you ask me, but [LAUGHS.]
A: Well, if anyone needed a golden ticket right about now, it was me. This doesn't happen without you. Thank you.
O: So proud of you.
[1×11]
Billy: Olivia has fought really hard to get her life back together. And now she seems determined to help you do the same.
Do not drag her back down with you. Do not. She sees something in you, Ash. Please prove her right.
[1×11]
O: Asher? You in here?
A: Your dad would kill you if he knew you were in the locker room.
O: Well, I wanted to check in. I'm sorry they cut you from the showcase.
A: I knew honesty had its consequences. Never really believed you about the rewards, though.
O: Rewards? What happened?
A: I'm back on the team.
O: What? What? Why didn't you tell me? [Olivia hugs Asher.]
A: It just happened. Your dad said that me telling that coach the truth, it showed him that I was finally willing to own my crap. You know, take accountability. Olivia, thank you.
O: No, I didn't do anything.
A: Yeah. You did.
O: OK, well, I'm not done yet. Asher, you can't keep sleeping in your car for a gazillion reasons, but I think I have a solution.
[1×11]
A: He'll be fine if he can get back on his feet, though.
O: I mean, well, my mom keeps saying that she needs help with fundraising, I mean, and your dad has connections with the boosters. I can see if she'll meet with him.
A: You don't need to keep saving me. I'm good.
O: I'm not trying to save you. I'm just offering to help your dad.
A: You sure?
O: Doesn't hurt to ask. But, look, just don't get your hopes up, OK? If he has a problem, there's no easy fix.
A: That's not a problem.
O: Thanks, Liv.
[1×15]
A: No. [Asher takes away her cup.]
O: Um, can I have my beer back?
A: Look, I can't have two people in my life going down the same hole on the same day.
O: What does that mean?
A: It doesn't matter..what are you doing?
O: I'm enjoying myself.
A: You mean throwing away your sobriety.
O: It's the same thing.
A: Why don't we try to do something different this time? I.. I'm here. I can listen.. No.
O: Fine, I'll just pour myself another one.
A: Then I will take that one as well. [Asher grabs the second cup she gets.]
O: It's one beer, Asher. Who cares?
A: I care.
[1×15]
O: You OK?
A: Yeah, it's just, uh It's been a long time since I heard my dad laugh. It's a nice way to wake up.
O: Yeah, well, glad I could help here.
[1×16]
[2×01]
JJ: Bro, when you gonna tell her?
A: Tell who what?
JJ: Dude, you look at Olivia the way my mom looks at her Bentley.
A: Oh, whatever, man. You're tripping. Tripping.
JJ: I call it how I see it, man.
[2×02]
O: Wait. Why are you still here? Isn't football practice way over?
A: I've just been getting in extra time in the weight room and on the field. Guys are all riding high on the championship, but my ranking took a major hit last season.
Best thing I got going for me right now is junior college, and that's ...that's not good enough. 7-on-7s might be my best chance to get back on a D1 school's radar. [Olivia smiles at Asher.] What?
O: I'm just proud of you. Well, I will let you get back to it.
A: Yeah. [Asher longingly stares at Olivia.]
[2×04]
[Olivia goes with Asher to see his mom who he hasn't seen in a year.]
Gwen: Hey, baby.
A: Mom. [Asher and his mom hug each other.] You remember Olivia?
Gwen: Yes. Uh, Jordan's sister, right? Wait. Are you two? [Points back and forth at Asher and Olivia asking if they're together.]
O: No.
A: No.
Gwen: Oh. Well, that's too bad. You look cute together. Please sit. Sit. Tell me everything.
A: About what?
Gwen: Well, your life.
A: You want to know about my life?
O: Maybe I should...[Olivia gets up to leave.]
A: No, no, no. I want you to stay.
[2×04]
A: Are we done here?
Gwen: Asher -
A: Look, mom. You wanted to tell me your big news, and now I know.
Gwen: Look, that's not the reason why I asked you here. I can't marry Jacob until your father and I are officially divorced. And Harold keeps avoiding the divorce papers. I've tried to serve him 8 times.
O: Wait..what are you asking him to do?
Gwen: Well, I'm hoping that you'll serve Harold with these divorce papers. [Olivia grabs Asher's hands.] Finalizing this is the best thing for everybody, including your father. Just think about it. OK? I love you, baby. [Olivia puts her head on Asher's shoulder to comfort him.]
[2×05]
A: Hey, sorry I'm late. [Asher (with a great big smile on his face at seeing Olivia) finds Olivia as soon as he enters the party.]
O: [Sighs.]
A: You doing all right, birthday girl?
O: Not even close.
[2×05]
O: Jordan? Jordan, I'm leaving. You better be in here.
A: Hey, Liv. [Asher follows Olivia into the room.] You OK? You kinda just took off.
O: Yeah, I just need to find Jordan 'cause we have to go.
A: Hey, look, that kiss? You know she just did that, right?
O: Yeah. Yeah, no. She was just using you to get back at Spencer or me or both of us. I-I don't even know. I mean, not that you, you know, kissing her, really, anyone would be getting back at me or whatever. I need to go get a ride, 'cause I think Jordan left without me.
A: Before you go, I haven't really had the chance to give this to you. Happy birthday. [Asher holds out a birthday gift for Olivia.]
O: A burner phone? Like, for drug dealers?
A: A prepaid cell, like, for friends who have lost their phone privileges.
[Olivia chuckles.]
A: I programmed in your sponsor and me. Available for ice cream deliveries.
[Both of them chuckle.]
O: I love it. Thank you.
A: It's no big thing.
O: Yeah, it is. It's my only gift. [They slowly move in to kiss but they're interrupted.]
[2×05]
O: [Olivia opens the door for Asher.] Didn't know this thing got texts.
A: Got you that fancy flip phone. And this. [Asher holds out a pint of ice cream for Olivia.]
O: [Gasp.] Ha ha! Ooh. Can never turn down ice cream. But you do know most delivery services wait for the person to order first, right?
A: It's a bit unorthodox, I know. But I was tired of waiting. I really hope this isn't just in my head, but after last night at the party, I'm thinking it's not. If you don't want me to kiss you, please say something now. [They kiss.]
[2×06]
[Olivia and Asher are making out.]
O: How did the interview thing go?
A: It was fine.
O: What'd they ask you about?
A: Mostly Spencer James.
O: What about him?
A: I, uh, would rather not talk about Spencer James right now. [Olivia laughs.]
[They go back to making out until Olivia asks him another question.]
O: Has your mom reached out again? [Asher chuckles.] What?
A: As if talking about Spencer wasn't enough of a mood killer, my mom?
O: [Olivia laughs.] Ah, I'm sorry. Ha ha! I just.. We didn't really catch up. I don't know. I didn't really see you at school today.
A: Yeah. For a minute, I thought you were maybe ghosting me.
O: Well, I'm here now. So let's talk.
A: About my mom? She texted me.
O: And what'd she want?
A: Liv, is everything okay? You're acting weird around me. You think this was a mistake?
O: I don't ..I don't know.
A: It seems like maybe you do know.
O: Asher..
A: When did you stop being honest with me?
O: I'm just processing.
A: Right.
O: Asher, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on in my head. That's all.
A: You don't need to apologize. I get it. I'll see you around. [Asher gets up and leaves.]
O: I was starting to think you might sleep in there.
A: I needed to clear my head.
O: Uh, your mom left right after the game. She felt bad that..
A: Liv, I don't want to talk about my mom.
O: But I do. I want to talk about your mom and that game and me needing to meet my sponsor this morning because that's how badly I wanted a drink.
A: What? Liv, I... I didn't know.
O: Will you just let me finish? Please? I want to talk about all the stuff we'd normally talk about before we messed everything up with a kiss. I mean, hooking up made things weird between us, and I hate that.
A: Hey. [Asher grabs Olivia's hands.] Doesn't matter if we're fighting. You can always call me.
O: I know, 'cause you're my best friend. And I realize now that I need that more than I need a boyfriend. I just don't want to risk losing you.
A: And I don't want to lose my best friend either, so If that means not being with you, I'm okay with it.
[2×06]
O: Oh, nice shot. [They're playing foosball.]
A: Thanks. You know, I'm just saying, if Spencer hadn't transferred to Beverly, taking my position and all my stats, I'd have definitely made that top 300 list.
O: So what did your dad say?
A: I haven't seen him yet. Things are good between us now, but whenever football comes up, I always feel like he's disappointed in me.
O: So maybe talk to your mom instead.
A: Wait. Where did that come from?
O: She asked to meet me for coffee.
A: What?
O: She wants you in her life and thought maybe I could help.
A: She waited too long, Olivia. She could have reached out months ago.
O: Yeah, but what if she couldn't?
A: What do you mean?
O: I don't know. She said she'd never willingly walk away from her son.
A: Okay, but she did, so...
O: Which makes me wonder if someone made her stay away. I don't know. She said something about this being between her and your dad.
A: What, my dad? No. He would never do something like that, so..
O: People do messed up things when they're hurting.
[2×08]
A: Why'd you bring me here?
O: Because this place always makes me feel better. Is it working yet?
A: I don't know who I'm more mad at. My dad for blackmailing my mom or my mom for giving in.
O: Yeah, well, at least you know the truth.
A: I don't know what I'd do without you, Liv. Seriously. You've been the one person that stood by me.
O: Well, that's what friends are for, right?
A: Right.
O: We should get in.
A: Liv.
O: Come on. It'll be fun. [She takes off her shoes and walks into the water fountain.]
A: Come on, Liv. We're more than friends, Olivia.
O: We've already had this conversation.
A: I know. I know. But if I've learned anything this last week, it's that I don't want to be dishonest. I'm sorry, but I don't want to be just friends.
O: Asher, your friendship is the best thing in my life right now. Why risk that?
A: A chance of something even better.
O: But.. But what if?
A: What if.. What if I told you I'm in love with you?
O: What if I kissed you right now? If you don't want me to kiss you, you'd better say something. [He makes a motion of locking his lips and throwing away the keys and they kiss.]
[2×08]

Credit

- scene of the moment -

- media quotes -
"I think, especially for Asher, she genuinely does have love for him, if not in a romantic way, then definitely as a friend,
she wants the best for him. She wants best for everybody in her life, but with Asher there's a little something different there."
- Samantha Logan (*)
"Out of everyone in Asher's life, [Olivia] has been the one person who has stood by him through everything. She's actually encouraged and inspired him to be the man she knows that he can be amidst all the bullsh-- he's been caught up in. Season 2 gives us the opportunity to expand on that relationship and see where they go as friends. I think they have a lot of respect for each other. It's going to be a very positive relationship. They're going to encourage each other to grow and find themselves. We'll see what happens this season."
- Cody Christian (*)
"They are two people that, aside from all the other characters on the show, really see each other for who they are, flaws and all, mistakes and all.
There's a level of acceptance that has always been there and continues to be there. I think the audience responds to it. If we can give them that relationship and expand upon that, I think its our job."
- Cody Christian (*)
“I think between Asher and Olivia, if you really think about it, they’re really the only ones that know each other truthfully and wholly. Olivia knows Asher with all of his mistakes. I think Olivia is a driving force throughout season 2 to keep Asher on the right track. Because she sees who he is on the inside and constantly encourages him to be that person in his day-to-day. Season 2 gives us an opportunity to explore more and more of that relationship and to see these characters, first and foremost as friends, being so perfect and right for each other. Where that goes, I don’t know. With Asher and Olivia, I see people that put so much effort into portraying a facade because they’re so vulnerable. I think one thing our show has done excellently and hopefully continues throughout season 2 is that we provide a sense of relativity. The show, to me, is about this younger demographic and the very prevalent issue we have of finding one’s own identity in the world amidst all the bull*****, amidst the social media, amidst all of these things that are happening. I think Olivia and Asher, as friends, as a couple, whatever they may blossom into, gives us an opportunity to see a very truthful, authentic version of that.”
- Cody Christian (*)
"Olivia and Asher have a past. After all, it was the two of them sleeping together that originally ruined Olivia's friendship with Leila. And when Asher and Olivia started to form a friendship, it was evident there was still something there.
As much as they tried to fight it, they eventually gave in and decided to give this relationship thing a try."
- Samantha Highfill (The most memorable shipper moments of 2019 by Entertainment Weekly - 12/17/2019) (*)

Credit

- fan video of the moment -

- other favorite fan videos -

Into youCan't stop myself from fallingHalf LightI can't save usI won't mindApologizeCan we just pretend?Whenever you're ready

Anyone else loving these two?

Last edited by SweetSymphony; 12-20-2019 at 09:57 AM
SweetSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote