View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 06:12 PM
elherts
Master Fan

That's awesome about OM getting into the writing program. She must be so friggen' smart. I got an emergency call today to go help an 8th grader with an essay for high school applications.... on Halloween. Poor girl. But she procrastinated so it's kind of her fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalnation (View Post)
I live in a neighborhood that's part of a small town, that seems to do parties and trick or treating events before Halloween, and then my actual neighborhood doesn't have that many kids, it might as well be like living in a retirement community or somethin... I don't mean that as disrespect, just that people don't do alot in my neighborhood for the Holidays, and I kinda miss living in a place where you would see alot of people celebrating or decorations. But yeah, I'm not sure how many trick or treaters we will have since it varies every year how many people park and then walk down here. I haven't seen a Hallmark movie either but I have seen the Ion ones so...i guess that could be as bad? It's ticking me off a little though, that they're trying to push Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas into one huge Holiday.
Where do you live? I can't tell you guys how much candy I ate today. I have a sugar headache and heartburn now. It rained so hard all day so the parade etc. was cancelled at school but it cleared up for them to go trick or treating after school. It was 72 today! I didn't get home until after 8. I saw a father and two little girls trick or treating down the block so I yelled out the window for them to come back and take all of my candy! The girls were so excited. Of course, I saved a bag of Kit Kats for myself. Might as well end the night with a bang, before I do a cleanse for a few days.

A- I hope your test results all come back good. I had a ****ty experience at the doctor/pharmacist yesterday. I hate when they don't communicate and it makes such a hassle for the patient. And then throw the insurance company in on that and it's a ****show.

I would watch Jack Ryan too but I have so much on my list still. Just stated Bluebloods season 8, finishing ER and How I Met Your Mother, Parks & Rec, Futurama, and rewatches of Madmen and Sopranos. Plus Mr Robot. Episode 4 of the season and still nothing from the day I was on set.

Stephen King is actually filming a miniseries 1/2 mile from my house right now, in an old historic home. Julianne Moore is in it. A bunch of my friends have gone to check it out but I haven't had a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I got my keys today and my studio is about 97% done. I still need to put up one curtain rod and curtain and to steam my curtains. My machine should arrive tomorrow! I’m sooo excited!
That's so exciting! Was it expensive to get everything started? I can't imagine how much work it must be to put a business together! Are you just doing the machine that you have talked about, or are you doing other services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
We had drama at work today because someone ate almost an entire banana cream pie that was left in the fridge. I love stuff like this...one of the attorney's brought in the pie for someone's birthday in the office, it came from a really good bakery and was pretty expensive, maybe 1/3 of the pie was eaten the day he brought it in. He taped it up and left it in the fridge, they come in the next day and there's literally a sliver left. He was interrogating everyone in the office. I wasn't even there the day it was eaten so I was free and clear, but there are now notes all over the fridge telling people not to eat other's food #THIEF. I love it.
This made me laugh. I bought a pie from one of my colleagues whose son was selling them for Boy Scouts last Thanksgiving. I left it in the freezer at work for like 4 days because I thought it was silly to take it home and then out again to bring to my sister in laws mothers for Thanksgiving. The day before Thanksgiving I went in the freezer to get it and it was gone! It had my name on it and everything.