View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 07:16 AM
majesdane
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I won't be able to enjoy the future shows and movies knowing I'm supporting the corporate BS that resulted in the cancellation of so many great series. God forbid there be any Marvel shows not tied to the MCU or airing exclusively on the streaming service to further inflate Disney's monopoly. It's not like there aren't multiple universes in the comics or that Disney doesn't have enough money. But the suits and shareholders don't care, they aren't fans of this stuff, they're only fans of money.
PREACH after Runaways is over, I'm done with watching anything Marvel. Honestly, I have watched maybe 2 MCU movies since the first Iron Man came out. I boycotted them after they f'd over Runaways the first time. Even though I love the show we have now, I've never forgiven them for that BS.

And once the Runaways comic and SW Dr Aphra comics end, I'm done reading Marvel, too. They don't deserve my money. I know my money is just a drop in the bucket of Disney's profits, but who cares. I will spend my money on other companies that at least pretend to give a damn about their fanbases.

I don't understand this insane desire to tie everything into the MCU. Runaways in the actual comics has only BARELY ever been a part of the rest of the Marvel universe, and 99% of the time it's ONLY for events (and not always even then). It's just such a BS excuse. The DC universe is a mess but they still do well enough on their own (look how freaking long their TV shows go on for!).
S T A R D U S T