View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 01:38 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
You're making a lot of sense, thanks for explaining. I haven't been around for the '80s, not really, and thus, I guess I don't know too much about them. I wouldn't say, necessarily, that being German would have been a problem, because we have had a huge amount of American influences in our culture for the longest time - quite possibly since WWII, and I never struggled to understand any cultural references in the American TV shows that covered my lifetime, but yes, the '80s weren't a part of that at all. I only vaguely remember the '90s.
Makes sense. Do you watch any German or British shows?

Quote:
They are all very depressing, though... not sure I'd really recommend it.
Got it.

Quote:
I think it'll be best if I take this business right over there, actually, seeing as how far off-topic it is here. Well, later, got to make dinner... and binge watch more Lucas/Peyton scenes, because I'm not done moping after all. But I'll get back to this!
Sounds good!

Quote:
You're very welcome.

Late in 2005 - that's when it finally made it onto German TV screens. One network had bought the rights but never managed to find a slot for it, so they just kept it locked up for years. I had this friend from the Netherlands who was constantly raving about the show, and we had a nearly identical taste in TV shows, so when the ads finally came up, I knew I had to watch it. Fell in love with it right away when a boy appeared on the screen who dressed nearly the same way I did and had about as sunny a disposition as myself, too. And, although I hate how much the show was delayed, I guess it was quite lucky for me, because I was only 12 years old in 2002 and probably wouldn't have been able to appreciate the show the way I did at 15.
Definitely. What a story. Your friend from the Netherlands started your Everwood journey. That's neat. Jerry D (our Administrator) started mine. I met Jerry on the Dawson's Creek board and he told me there was a show called Everwood that I just had to check out. He explained how different it was from Dawson's Creek, it was Berlanti's baby, and the quality was off the charts. I checked it out and the rest is history.