View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 01:08 PM
canflam
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
not to compare it to cricket, but baseball is (a game you play in the summer months when its warm) and therefore an outdoor sport!

and no, you cant play when its bucketing down
Well, it starts in March & goes into the Fall, so it's played in different seasons of course. Just because weather can be warm in 1 place doesn't mean that it can't rain at the same time as well. From what I know of weather in New York, it tends to rain there. They get 47 inches of rain per year. That's 4 more inches than Portland does, which is the closest large city to me. I will say that having less games in the MLB regular season could perhaps help out in this regard.

What a game that was yesterday & some key numbers for a few of the Yankees batters in yesterday's game. Lemahiew, Judge, Torres, Hicks, & Encarnacion went a combined 3-21 at the plate. Those were batters 1, 2, 3, 4, &, 5 in the Yankees lineup. Of course the Yankees also couldn't hit with runners in scoring position.

Jose Altuve, Luis Gonzales, Edgar Martinez, & Bill Mazerosky from in the 1960 World Series are the only people to have a walk-off playoff series hit vs. the Yankees. I do remember the 1 in 2001 by Luis Gonzales & was a child when Edgar Martinez hit his, but Bill Mazerosky was before my time.

I'm excited to see this World Series. I hope that it's competitive. If you're a Yankees fan, well look to them having plenty of roster moves next year. Didi Gregorius of note is I'd guess at this point be playing with a different team. Gardiner perhaps also.