View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 05:58 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
I didn't catch it the first time either and was hit with sneak attack feels on re-watch.
I figured it out at the end when her death was revealed.

Quote:
I subscribe to this theory. It makes the most sense, insofar as anything in S4 can make sense.

Also, further backing this theory, is that Cordy was back to being our Cordy in YW. She had her 'pre-demonized' personality back completely. Which was a Cordy who had grown and changed but who still maintained the core of what made her Cordy, like her Queen C attitude and confidence, etc.
I subscribe too.

Quote:
Gellar auditioned for the role of Sunnydale High queen bee Cordelia Chase before eventually being cast as Buffy. “At the time, we were all trying to find our way to make the show something, its own thing apart from the film,” Schulman said in The Watchers Guide. “We didn’t think of Sarah as Buffy because we thought she was too smart and too grounded and not enough of a misfit in a sense, because Buffy was this outsider. How could Sarah be an outsider? She’s so lovely. So we brought her in as Cordelia, and she was fantastic as Cordelia. Then we went to the network, they knew that Sarah was a star from her previous work, and that she could be Buffy, and that we could do that Buffy.”

SMG & CC were perfectly cast imo and I adore both the performances they gave so much to this day.
Agreed. I can't imagine SMG as Cordy or CC as Buffy.

Quote:
Also, this is cracking me up:

Quote:
6. DAVID BOREANAZ WAS DISCOVERED BY THE CASTING DIRECTOR’S FRIEND.

Whedon, the network, and the casting director saw a number of guys read for Buffy's eventual boyfriend (and vampire!) Angel before David Boreanaz auditioned. “The breakdown said the most gorgeous, mysterious, fantastic, the most incredible man on the face of the earth,” Shulman said. “I think I saw every guy in town. It was the day before shooting, and a friend of mine and called me and said to me ‘You know, there’s this guy that lives on my street who walks his dog every day and I don’t know what he does but he has all the things you’re describing.’ And the minute he walked in the room, I wrote down on my notes: This is the guy.”

Still, despite the fact that Boreanaz gave “very good read,” Whedon wasn’t sold on him. “He wasn’t exactly my type,” he said. “I wasn’t sure we necessarily had the guy here until I asked the women in the room, who had turned into puddles the moment he walked in. I had to defer to them—they seemed to know better than me, and thank god I did, because David turned into a great star and a very solid actor.”
#relatable.
Lol, I love that! So relatable indeed and I feel like Angel's character growth was growth for DB as well as an actor as AtS individualized and expanded his character.

Quote:
Here. It was done in July.
Awesome thanx, I'll check it out later.

Quote:
That quote fits perfectly.
I love those lyrics.
What's the song?

they win"
- Stephen King