View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 11:02 PM
Abomasum
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Leo, do you watch The Resident?
Yes, I've seen season 1 and 2 (in full)... but to my knowledge, there hasn't been any announcement of season 3 starting in the UK yet. Which sucks because they used to be, like, only 2 or 3 weeks behind for the last seasons, I think.

I can't wait to see Emily on the screen again, because I just love her - but I cannot say that I've been impressed with the show so far, I forgot almost everything. Then again, I wouldn't dare claim I'm easy to impress, I haven't enjoyed any TV shows in a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
So very true. Honestly, on any other network, at the very least, Emily gets nominated for an Emmy, and possibly wins. She was so good.
Oh, absolutely! I would have totally given her an Emmy. She has been so much better than so many other performances that received a win.

Quote:
Yes, I think anyone who suffers from depression or another form of mental illness can relate to Emily's portrayal and how very important mental health is... when it's out of balance, it can be devastating. Emily flawlessly portrayed this with pure brilliance.
She really did. Until this day I would maintain that, unless one has experienced it themselves, it is nearly impossible to understand the overwhelming, paralyzing power of a mind blown out of balance - and I don't think she had experienced that (fortunately!), which makes it all the more impressive that she was able to not only understand, but capture it so perfectly at just seventeen years old. When I think back to my level of understanding of the world at seventeen... I was dumb as a slice of bread. That woman is a genius.