View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 03:24 PM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Betty, I mentioned on PM how Buddy has not adjusted perfectly to this move. He's stuck to us like glue, he wouldn't even sleep unless he was right next to my face basically on Saturday night, last night was better. He also barked the entire time Saturday, morning, noon, and night which caused laryngitis. He refused to eat Sunday morning, but ate Sunday evening. He didn't want to eat this morning but eventually did. I guess the eating and behaving differently are all the result of the move. But the voice issue bothered me (since it can even cause breathing issues) along with him already having a bladder infection.

So he went back to the Vet today. She looked at his throat/ears, you name it and said he doesn't have anything seriously wrong with the throat. It's laryngitis due to vocal strain from the move. The eating, same thing. She said he will adjust. His bark is already 50% better thankfully. But nothing seriously wrong, just due to strain, and the eating and extra clingy stuff is all due to the drastic change of environment. What's weird is he was at this place off and on for weeks since we officially moved in. I couldn't imagine how much worse he would have been had he not been to this place even a little bit!

He's now playing with a toy, he's adjusting much better. Hopefully the voice gets 100% better in the coming days and his eating is regular without hesitation soon as well! Just glad nothing serious is wrong with his voice. Have to take him back to check on the bladder infection in two weeks.
Poor guy. I guess he's just more sensitive than other dogs. he is going to be just fine...has to get used to this new place.

How are you adjusting? It's a big change for you as well. You have many attachments and memories in the old house.