View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Beautifully put.

Also I felt it was the perfect mix of Sunnydale & LA Cordelia. Like, it was still emotional and it was a moving moment because she was being so selfless by spending her last day on earth helping Angel, but she's still Cordy, and I love that she went out with a little of her trademark Queen C attitude.
We get some Queen C in the hospital scene as well.

"(draws the privacy curtain closed)
You'd think they'd give miss one-foot-in-the- grave a private room... which brings me to, hey... couldn't you stick me someplace that smells a little less like ammonia-soaked death?"

There is a bit of an eerieness to that moment since it's supposed to be subtle that the body she was quick to conceal was hers but leave it's very Queen C of her to want a private room and to complain about the smell.

Then, of course, that old shopping itch hits:

CORDELIA: I hope you brought me some clothes, 'cause...
(looks at her hospital gown, then shakes her head)
damn.

ANGEL
(stammering)
Oh, well, we—

WESLEY
We could stop and buy some.

CORDELIA
(squealing and clapping cheerfully)
Ooh! Great! Shopping! I love that idea, 'cause, you know, I'm not so ready to go back to the hotel yet.
(walks toward the doorway)

A----nd then that awkward silence when Angel had to figure out how to break the news that they're sleeping with the enemy.

Quote:
I hope we continue to get Angel cast reunions from time to time. *fingers crossed*
I concur and ideally WITH DB. I know he's busy and I'm over the moon that he's had such a consistently successful career since Angel but an Angel reunion without Angel is a beige Angel reunion.

Quote:
Ugh, her growth, I'm sobbing. They opened Angel Investigations to help the helpless (and Cordy was, lbr, doing it originally mostly for a paycheck) and by the end they've come full circle and the soul she's helping save is his.
I know, her character growth is some of the most astounding I've seen on television (BTW, Brennan, DB's female counterpart in Bones is another that falls into that catagory) and then Joss had to go and ****ing massacre it!
Thank the Powers for YW and ATF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Gotta love how much Cordy loved her character and C/A.
Fun fact: She didn't at first.

She had initially auditioned for Buffy and SMG in turn for Cordelia as it was thought that SMG was too pretty for the role of a misfit character. I believe Joss was also reluctant to put a blonde in the title role out of a desire to separate the series from the original film.

Both women heavily impressed but then the network convinced Joss that SMG could pull off the role of Buffy (namely due to 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'). Hence the roles were reversed.

While CC had no hard feelings and was actually relieved to not be in the lead role as she felt she wasn't ready for that kind of pressure, she was also unhappy to end up with "another bitchy role". Apparently she'd been in them before but her agent had assured her that she wasn't a big enough name to be typecast.

At least the story went something like that.

The journey from that to her breaking down sobbing when she found out Cordy died in YW is just as astounding as Cordy's character growth.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 10-12-2019 at 09:13 PM