View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 08:49 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Batwoman 1.1 Pilot

- Kate was just a child when Bruce was already fully fledged Batman. That makes him about 10-15 years older.

- How did Kate not get hypothermia in that super cold place, possibly, Antarctica?

- Bruce having that simple of a password for Wayne security made me laugh.

- There are tons of flashbacks to fill us in on Kate's backstory.

- Alice is a very entertaining villain. I’m a little surprised they got to the Alice is Beth Kane reveal so quickly, that's something you'd figure they'd drag out for a full season.

- The love interest is married!

- I like Luke.

- Of course the Military rules and one of them being sexuality matters. Not to make this political… But this is the very reason why I will always vote a certain way.

- I liked that Mary always seems to draw a laugh out of Kate in their interactions.

- The Dark Tone of the City is firmly established.

Overall it was a decent Pilot. I am intrigued enough to keep watching, especially since it's on the same night as Supergirl.

PS: Loved her Ramones T-shirt she wore throughout most of the episode. I have the same one.

ETA: I think that what held my attention the most was Ruby Rose’s performance. It hit all the right notes for me. I like her. I look forward to her adventures as Batwoman. I think the stories will be there as the season continues. The Pilot had a lot of backstory to cover. But it gave us time to adjust to a Gotham with no Batman. And for me, it worked. I thought Ruby’s performance was nuanced, showing a tough woman who has known love. Not all of the CW shows handle romantic relationships, or the lack of them, very well. This Pilot did a good job of showing Kate as a person who has been in love, but strong enough not to fall apart when a relationship takes a different turn. That’s refreshing. I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.

Oh and I already ship Kate/Sophie.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-08-2019 at 11:18 AM