View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 12:45 PM
mina_lp
Master Fan

Aw, that's so sweet to hear Andrea and Keri

It's been fine Keri, I hope you had a good too and what you said, just reminded me of old OTH days and what was happening with LP thread and me back then

Spoiler:

oh I think everyone hates redoing work that was already done and it has nothing to do with being impatient, lol. Actually this remided me of Catherine's quote when she told Penelope: nothing bothers me more than a problem I've already solved, coming back, lol.

Spoiler:

So perfect and symbolic

Spoiler:

She so was, I enjoyed it, lol.

Thoughts on 3.02:
First Frary scene: And here we go again with Mary's hypocrisy ; not only suggesting Francis that he should kill his mother, but also when Francis said he can't, she said: "her crimes are treasonous!", excuse me but weren't your actions and plans with Conde "treasonous" as well? But you were forgiven, so why don't you give her a chance as well? Or at least stop pouring salt on Francis' wounds. I understand that she was terrified by Catherine and thought she was dangerous to her, but asking (dying) Francis to kill his mother, while she knew it would be so hard for him, was just a big I loved what Francis replied her though

Anyway, moving on to more beautiful and emotional parts of the scene; "I refuse to give up hope" it was nice that she wanted to stay hopeful until the very last, but at the same time it was sorta showing that deep down she still was clinging to denial (which was completely normal) And when she said she wasn't pregnant again, for a very brief moment a sad look came on Francis' face but immediately pulled himself together and told her it's alright. But when Mary started to tear up and said: "I really wanted this; a part of you", it really broke my heart Anyway, I loved that she told Francis they are more than alliance/royalty and that they love each other Also loved Francis' reply: "we always will", like no matter what happens nothing can ever change that One thing I found cute was the look that Mary gave Francis, when he said: "unless it [the marriage] progressed to something more", she was like: oh don't be ridiculous and of course said: "we both know that would never happen", the main part of this was about "I can't love anyone the way I love you" and the other little part was: especially not Charles who is basically a young child, not to mention like a little brother to me, lol. And finally at the end she said she would do it for both of their countries, "even though it breaks her heart", poor Mary was so torn even at the idea of such a thing I loved how Francis sorta comforted her without even saying anything; the way he held her face, along with that sad smile and tender look on his face Btw, he was so soft during this entire scene; the way he just kept touching her arm/hands, stroking her face and also that little hand kiss

Family gathering scene followed by next Frary one: those shocked and sad looks on Claude's and Bash's faces when they had learned the truth then that little nice Frash moment that Bash promised Francis his son would be protected now we come to Charles part; poor boy was so terrified and the way he started talking about how he should've studied and all that, totally showed it (tbh if I were in his place, I would've been freaked out too, lol). And this was even before knowing what Francis wanted to suggest, lol. After that he became pissed too . Btw Francis was nervous/stressed himself while delivering his suggestion to him (it was evident from his expressions; again well done Toby Rego), probably because he knew Charles wouldn't take it so well and he was right, I mean at the end it came to a point where he basically told Francis: when you are dead, I'll be king and no one can force me then. Aw, I felt really bad for Francis, I mean those shocked+mad+frustration expressions on his face, were like: did he just....great, he is not gonna cooperate and that is the last thing we need right now (lol). And of course after that Francis explaining to Mary why they can't tell Charles the truth about Catherine. Btw, it was satisfying that Mary admitted that what Catherine had told Vatican, was basically the truth and continued with: "my indiscretion with Conde....", but of course Francis (again) didn't let her beat herself up for it Anyway, it was clever of Frary to allow Charles see his mother and realize himself why they are acting the way they are, they were sure Catherine would try to do something and she sure did

Francis and Catherine scene: aw, it was upsetting that Catherine was crying because of the news and just like Mary started to deny the whole thing: "it must be poison" . Then the scene got even more emotional when she came close to him, held his face and told him all that. Clearly Francis was affected by it and started to get emotional as well (once again nice job Toby) but he didn't want to lose control or show her any point of weakness, so he did his best to keep it together by taking her hands off of his face, literally telling her stop and even moving away from her and saying "stop" once again in a more determined way. He wanted to remain sensible and do what he thought was for the best, in that situation and I'm actually proud that he was able to do that. One of the many things I always loved about Francis was that despite being a sensitive person, he was also sensible/reasonable at the same time (P.s: here Francis probably thought Catherine wanted to use/misuse his emotions in order to get what she wanted; i.e her freedom and control over Charles' mind. Personally I think on some level this was right, but there's no denying that even in doing this, her "ultimate" goal was protecting her children and doing what was best for them, though her "way" of doing that and also her opinion of "what's best for them" was wrong, lol).

Last Frary scene: in the beginning of the scene we basically saw what Mary told Charels earlier: "today took much out of him", Poor boy had no strength left and was resting, and even after he woke up, he didn't have enough strength to get up and sit, as we saw him having difficulty in doing that (while talking to Charles) Btw while he was sleeping, Mary stroking his hair and arm with that sad look on her face made the whole thing even more upsetting Anyway, finally and thankfully Charles came around and agreed with the suggestion (and this time for real, lol). But Mary's despration really broke my heart in here ; getting teary eyed and saying: "is this really happening? Am I really planning a life, a future without you?", like she really couldn't believe, it was unbelievable for her that the whole nightmare was actually happening; the ugly truth was sinking in slowly . And after that, her lying down in his arms and then him kissing her head in that deep heartfelt way, closing his eyes and breathing her in

P.s: I hated two things; 1) last Matherine scene for obvious reasons (I mean clearly what Catherine did was wrong but that doesn't make what Mary said, right. Lol). 2) I also hated that in these epis, Lola basically wanted to sorta "wait for Francis to die", so that she could wed Narcisse, I mean obviously she did get upset by the news but there were certain scenes that just felt the way I mentioned.