View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 08:12 AM
Musidora
Fan Forum Hero

I watched it yesterday and I'm over the moon about Benverly

First, the non-spoilery commentary:

1) Jessica was PERFECT So sweet and badass at the same time, I think she brought a great vulnerability to Beverly and on shallow note, she was absolutely gorgeous throughout the whole film.

2) Good pacing, it could've been a shorter movie but it didn't feel too long either. I don't think it was scary at all though, if anything I thought it was pretty gross There were a lot of funny moments too, which made the whole experience much lighter.

3) The cast is fantastic, I loved all of them but Ben was my absolute favorite I'm a sucker for good guys, and Jay did a fantastic job, if I had any doubts that he was a good choice, he completely proved me wrong, he's PERFECT. Bill Hader was also phenomenal, he really can do it all I was disappointed in James though I thought he just seemed angry/annoyed most of the time, he didn't bring that fearless leader trait that Bill has, kid!Bill did a much better job with the character IMO. I think he lacked charisma too, I'd for sure follow Mike, not Bill Eddie was really fun and out of all the adults, I think he did the best job staying true to his kid counterpart. Adult!Eddie and kid!Eddie were completely interchangeable to me as far as personality went, he nailed the acting.

Now for the spoilers...
Spoiler:

I wanna watch it again