View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 08:15 PM
TL22
Extreme Fan

The following posts were taken from [moviechat.org]

[–] MackyVelli 4 years ago

Quote:
It's not even so much about the finale itself, which was pretty ridiculous. Personally I thought the show shouldn't have come down to Joey having to pick between her high school boyfriends who she hadn't seen in 5+ years. And for the record I don't think Joey and Dawson was a great relationship either.

I just find it strange that there are so many people who were wild about Pacey and Joey's relationship when it was by far the most dysfunctional and unhealthy relationship of DC.

Quote:
[–] Scarlett_Butler 4 years ago

From the moment they stepped off that boat and were back in Capeside, it was one fight after another (usually centered around Joey being obsessed with Dawson and Pacey being an emotionally fragile and insecure child) and nothing but lies. The blow up at the prom was inevitable, frankly I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Why do people fawn over this debacle of a 'relationship'?

Quote:
[–] shrilltrills 4 years ago

Yeah, I didn't really buy them getting back together and actually lasting. All we saw was that they got back together in their mid-20s. We didn't see that they end up growing old together or anything like that. It makes the most sense that they probably broke up at some point.

As unpopular an opinion as this may be, I think Joey and Dawson, and Pacey and Andie, were the true pairings of this show. Even watching it all these years later, season 2 still gives me a nostalgic feeling that none of the other seasons do.

Joey and Pacey were just a typical high school couple. Joey and Dawson were epic. And Andie brought out the best in Pacey while Joey brought out the worst. It's not hard to see who was really meant to be here.