View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 06:27 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread, Petra. Now I'll repost this here.

Not only do I think that Spider-Man going back to Sony is the best thing that could've happened, but as someone who knows far more about comic books than anyone on this board, I assure you that Kevin Feige is by no means the "master producer" and the reason for any "cohesive narrative."

I've explained to all of you time and time again that Feige's mistakes have been many, including shoehorning Edgar Wright's Avengers-incompatible Ant-Man script into the MCU and cutting Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne out of their rightful place in the Avengers, to driving Joss Whedon out of the MCU by forcing him to alter his Avengers storyline(including cutting Hank and Janet out of the Avengers) and causing too much interference into the creative process, or doing the Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet storyline without Adam Warlock and cutting Warlock out of his own story, or insulting comic book fans by making Mar-Vell a woman and denying Mar-Vell his own place in the Captain Marvel story as Carol Danvers' lover who passes his mantle on to her after dying of cancer, to his ridiculous insistence on making Peter Parker some bratty teenager when Peter hasn't been a teenager in the comics since the 1960s and the Peter Parker that has existed in the comics since the 1970s has been the adult 20-something Peter Parker, etc. The list goes on.

How can you tell the story of the Avengers without Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne, the two founding members who have been on the team longer than anyone? How can you tell the story of Ultron without Hank Pym, who created Ultron? And why change those plotlines in the films just to accommodate Edgar Wright when his film didn't fit into the MCU and he only ended up quitting? How can you tell the story of Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet without Adam Warlock, who is to Thanos what Superman is to Darkseid? How can you tell the story of Captain Marvel without the male Mar-Vell, without whom Carol Danvers would never have become the new Captain Marvel? That's like making The Godfather and cutting out Michael Corleone, or making The Silence of The Lambs without Clarice Starling or Hannibal Lecter. How can anyone on this board justify the MCU cutting out the main characters from their own stories? This isn't "a little different" from the comics, this is altering the entire point of the stories and characters.

And now I'm glad that Stan Lee's own daughter is speaking the truth about both Disney and Kevin Feige. He doesn't give a damn about Stan Lee or the legacy of Marvel. He was waiting for the old man to die so he could take over and remake Marvel into his own "woke" image. Hopefully now that Spider-Man is back with Sony, we can get a REAL Spider-Man story consistent with the great comics from the 1980s and 90s, hopefully teaming Peter with Felicia Hardy(Black Cat) and Silver Sable.

Stan Lee’s daughter: ‘No one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives’

Quote:
Stan Lee’s daughter: ‘No one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives’
Quote:
While many fans have rallied behind Disney in the wake of reports that talks had broken down between the company and Sony over future Spider-Man films, at least one person is standing behind Sony — Stan Lee’s daughter.

In a statement to TMZ, Joan Lee said Marvel and Disney need to be “checked and balanced” as they seek total control of her father’s creations.
Quote:
“When my father died, no one from Marvel or Disney reached out to me,” Lee said. “From day one, they have commoditized my father’s work and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency. In the end, no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives.