View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

I decided to rewatch this pilot today. Its been 4 years since I last rewatched and thought it would be fun. I dont know if I am going to continue because everything felt pretty familiar but we will see. I do really like season 1 and I love the fall feel. Summer is coming to an end and it puts me in such a good mood.

The pilot was okay, I think it was intriguing enough to keep watching if you were a first time viewer. It was a TAD slow storyline wise in parts because things seemed to just be continuous with no jumps or anything of the sort. But there were some good SL's.

I think the most intriguing part was the relationship with Lorelei and her parents. You def wanted to know what happened with them in the past. Which the episode explained pretty well. I think it was safe to assume her getting pregnant at 16 probably didn't help things. And they wanted her to get married when she didn't want that. To me, I saw Lorelei's POV more because her parents seemed really passive aggressive. But it does sound like Lorelei sort of just wanted to build her own family and abandoned her parents. So I can see both sides.

Rory freaking out on Lorelei after meeting Dean was a tad weird but I guess we are to assume that this was the first guy that was really interested in her. Jared was so cute here and what he said about noticing Rory was sweet. I am glad that Rory decided to go to Chilton regardless of her feelings.

I think in general the show just felt a bit odd right off the bat because it felt like it kinda started in the middle, but I think the characters were so charming that it still worked. The relationship between Rory and Lorelei was really cute. I also love their connection with Luke and the diner, it brings everything together imo.

Last edited by Alexa; 08-13-2019 at 11:34 PM