View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 04:53 PM
dragonfire
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Mickey can't turn them into superheroes and have it make sense, dragonfire. The Mouse still has to adhere to the rules of storytelling going all the way back to Aristotle, although I know your generation really doesn't know much about anything that happened more than five years ago.

Yeah, but the Mouse doesn't control what the comics do, dragonfire. And the comics have been taking influence from Hollywood long before the Mouse got involved. Remember what happened after Sony's Spider-Man movies came out? The comics had Peter develop organic webbing for a short time because of the movies, but that didn't last long in the comics. It's just the comic book writers tossing some stuff from the films in there for marketing purposes to attract fans of the movies, but they never last long. And let me remind you that comic book fans love Steve and Sharon and don't give a about Peggy. Please remember that you're not a comic book fan, dragonfire, and you movie fans need to remember that these characters don't belong to you, they belong to us, because we were following them and loving them long before you guys were still fawning over sparkly vampires.

Figures. KJ and Camila still being disrespected. Oh, and BH90210 is making me so nostalgic for the old show that I'm kinda bored by Riverdale now.
Ok, let's just agree to disagree cause otherwise, we will probably get headaches if we continue this discussion. But I will say I'm definitely not a fan of Twilight. I didn't like then, and I don't like it now. I don't know if I could ever get bored by Riverdale, well I guess I would if Bughead&Falice wasn't there. Oh and Charles&JB.