View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 05:58 PM
ChristinaL80
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ku11 (View Post)
Oh yes I’m rewatching the show, on S4. Just after the big storm episode. Where end of episode Pacey apologises to The very self righteous Dawson 🤗. And they start the process of mending their friendship. I recall around S6. Dawson and Joey tRY reconciling but doesent work. Of course they are together most of their senior year. And after their break up at prom. They are apart for a few months. And reunite in Boston. In their second year at Boston they fall in love again and get back together. They break up and I think she momentarily reunites with Dawson. Around 2008 on the timeline it’s five years in the future correct me if I’m wrong. At Gales wedding old feelings return. They then get married and have children.

Funny thing is the original plan was always constructed as Dawson Joey as endgame since the pilot. But critics and fans alike praised the shows decision to make the bold decision to change that to Joey and Pacey.
I think the writers put more effort in the writing for Pacey and Joey actually in a relationship. And the decision for the finale just made better sense because of it.