View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 04:48 AM
fire for a heart
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Cordelia and Alastair Carstairs from THE LAST HOURS, drawn by Cassandra Jean! Done to illustrate the new Chain of Gold short story, which I just posted to my tumblr — go check it out! It was a lot of fun to write — I love twisty and complex sibling and family relationships. Alastair isn’t someone who lets people in very often, but Cordelia sees the truth of him more than others. #chainofgold #shadowhunters #tlh #thelasthours

Quote:
The natural state of Shadowhunters is battle,” said Tessa. “When it is always ongoing, there is no time to stop and think that it is not an ideal state for happiness. Alas, we have had that time for the past decade or so. Perhaps we had begun to think ourselves invincible.”
“People are only invincible in books,” said Cordelia.
“I think you will find most of the time, not even then,” said Tessa. “But at least we can always pick up a book and read it anew. Stories offer a thousand fresh starts.”
It was true, Cordelia thought. She had read the story of Layla and Majnun a thousand times, and each time the beginning was a thrill, even though she knew—and dreaded—the end. —Chain of Gold

{}

Last edited by fire for a heart; 08-10-2019 at 04:55 AM