View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 02:00 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

For science.

Josephine was a Bellarker too, IMO.

X

And this is an interesting read, not sure if I want to give the writers ~that much credit when it comes to the framing of the scene but good read regardless:

Quote:
Hey Abby, I’ve learned from you that everything we see on our screens are done intentionally. Could you explain to me what could be a reason behind the cinematography of the Bellarke finale scene? I noticed that it seemed to be single shot for majority of the scene with the camera panning between show both b/c to just Clarke.
Quote:
I actually wrote a meta about that sort of camera movement in this show a while ago, which you can find here. Essentially, I think it’s a visual representation of influence in flux. In this case, it’s Clarke relying on Bellamy to emotionally ground her and Bellamy responding to that, with the camera swinging to whoever’s view holds the most weight at that moment. It’s a lot more romantic visually than I’m making it seem.

As far as lighting goes, a bright light shining between two people in a side-profile is often used in romantic contexts as a symbol of hope or renewal. Mix that with the source of light being a sunrise, and that meaning is strengthened. This trope is quite literally called Lip-Lock Sun Block, but be careful not to misinterpret that like I am, apparently.

The only other miscellaneous thought I have is that when the camera cut to anything other than that swinging shot, I was a tight close-up of each of their faces, emphasizing the intimacy of their conversation.
X

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit