View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 02:20 PM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Action/Drama: A Perfect Murder [1998]

+ What did you like best about the movie? Why?

Emily was smart and analyzed things about her husband from every angle.

+ What did you like least about the film? Why?

David and Emily being robbed of a reunion in the last third of the movie

+ Who was your favorite character in the movie? Why?

Viggo Mortensen's David. I like that he was different shades of a spectrum. He was good and bad. The movie didn't shy away from his selfish aspects as well as acknowledging his genuine love for Emily. He had a shady past yet still stood up to Steven in the face of blackmail. He was passionate, yet vulnerable. Definitely the most tragic character because you did feel he was trying to change now he had met the love of his life.

+ Who was your least favorite character in the film? Why?

Steven. In most cases of cheating and deception, I would have supported the one who was cheated on 100%. However, the way he reacts to everything and uses the information to his own advantage proves that he never had true love for his wife in the first place and values money over basic human relationships. He openly admitted to envying David and I believe he saw in him the freedom he wanted for himself but knew he'd never have, so he punished him on those lines. Money was his driving force, and he actually pulled David back into that dark hole he had semi-escaped from.

+ Comments:

A good and compelling retelling of Dial M For Murder, helped by the three leading actors' great performances.

+ What would you rate this movie out of 5 stars?

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote