View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)

Yeah, I wonder what Cordy's fixation on that was. It was like she needed to constantly remind herself he was a 'no-bone'...maybe to help distance herself from her own feelings and attraction to him?
Precisely.
That's my theory, that she exaggerated the danger of the curse to justify avoiding her feelings for Angel because:

1. Subconsciously she was still competing with Buffy.
2. Her experience with Xander, eventually Wilson, and probably her parents as although we never meet them I can believe that they're the neglectful *******s fanfics portray them as considering their only response to the rebar was to send flowers. Or am I confusing canon with fanon again and they didn't even do that?
Not to mention her experience being hurt by Angel himself. First by his rejection in Sunnydale and then his beige period.

Quote:
I read a fic where he lost his soul after basically because of this. Connor was still a baby, things were good on the baddie front, and Cordy told him she loved him. Bam. No more soul. (But oh, how I love the pain. )
I believe I know the one:
What Now? by Dock.
Angel watches Cordy playing with Baby Connor, he admits his feelings for her and that he wants them to be a family, she reciprocates and BAM, Angelus crashes the party.
It's terrifying but brilliant how it's the simplest of moments.

Quote:
Speaking of Cordy & Fred death parallels...

https://whatisyourchildhoodtrauma.tu...5x125x15#notes
Wow didn't even pick up on that.
I did like Fresley. I'd rooted for them since their first moment on screen together when Wesley said "That wild girl just saved our lives" and was pissed that it literally lasted one episode before she died.

Quote:
LMAFO what? Since when is Nina someone who could make him lose his soul? Wasn't the whole point that she wasn't a risk to the curse?
When I read the back of the first issue in my local comic shop a few years back I could have sworn it said something like "so he can find happiness, maybe with Nina Ash" but I checked BA Wikia and this is how it's summarized there:

Quote:
Angel travels to Romania to find Clan Kalderash, and ask them to amend the Ritual of Restoration to allow him happiness. Instead, he finds the Clan struggling against the oppressive regime of Corneliu Brasov. Caught in the fight, is only direct descendant of Magda of the Kalderash: Natalya of the Kalderash, who may be the only one capable of removing the curse.
Judging by the panels we're admiring it seems Cordelia's death is part of what inspires him to find a solution to the curse and it's written by Jeff Mariotte.
I've read a couple of his Angel novels and from what I've read thus far they're the best in the bunch. He's fantastic, probably because he's worked under Joss's guidance so knows the characters personally.

Now that I know Nina is not involved I might have to check these out.

they win"
- Stephen King