View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 11:11 AM
straws
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Here's a major Dorky-Angel alert:
He's so excited to get his wounds patched up.

Quote:
I wonder if he'd intentionally get himself injured or more injured just to give her the excuse to touch him.
I'm weak for fic where he does that.

With the curse, I can sadly see him being touch starved enough to do that. Like, even if he's not quite aware that he's doing it.

Quote:
BTW, remember a bit ago when we were discussing how BAers reach for arguments to support that the ship still exists in AtS
Welp, S5 did prey on SBers & BAers for ratings.

Quote:
The only reason he wasn’t shown grieving Cordy was because Joss wanted nothing to do with her after Charisma got pregnant but in any case, that doesn’t mean it he didn’t. Angel has never been the type to openly express emotion.

It IS there, it’s subtle but it’s there. Even while still in the coma he was, again by his own admission, lost without her and that more lively persona she’d brought out in him was buried with her.
IA.

I feel like Angel's OOC behavior in S5 is also due to how much he misses Cordy and how lost he is without her. He can't have Cordy so he throws himself into his old fantasies, and tries to cling back onto Buffy & their past romance (but that doesn't make him happy anymore, and he's still hollow inside).

And like we spoke about in here before, and as was stated in the comics, Angel & the rest not speaking about her was because it was simply too painful. (I refuse to believe anything else. I mean, even shipping aside, the Fang Gang were her family. They loved loved her and wouldn't just up and forget that like everything was fine and dandy.)

Quote:
“I lost Cordy because someTHING violated her, crawled up inside and used her up. No way in hell I’m gonna let that happen again”
DB's delivery of this line guts me. You can feel how much Cordy's death has wounded him, wounded all of them, and they're still ripped open and bleeding and there is this awful pain hanging over them, that hasn't even begun to heal.

I don't even think Angel would've taken the job at W&H if he wasn't so messed up over Cordy & Connor and so desperate to save them. Maybe he even thought W&H could do more for Cordy with all their resources and magics and that's how he could get her back.

Quote:
Lastly, In an issue of Angel & Faith he admits trying to resurrect Cordy sometime in between ‘You’re Welcome’ and ‘Why We Fight’ but Wolfram & Hart’s resources were too unreliable and volitle.
I forgot about that. Ouch. Do you have that panel available?

How desperate he must've been to have her back...when he knows, he knows how dangerous resurrection is.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com

Last edited by straws; 05-06-2020 at 06:54 PM