View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 08:10 AM
IloveJules!
Extreme Fan

I'm happy with all the nominations for Game of Thrones! Obviously the last season wasn't great, but I thought it was good. And to me, Game of Thrones will always be a very beloved and special show.

The huge amount of nominations for Game of Thrones are obviously a homage for the whole series. A farewell. The Emmys often do it. I remember they did it with LOST too. Another show that I love very much and has a special place in my heart. The difference is that they had huge competition at the time. Breaking Bad and Mad Men, especially.

I also think what explains all the nominations to GOT is the fact The Handmaid's Tale (another show that I love ) is inelegible this year, probably on purpose, because they didn't want to air the show at the same time as the final season of Game of Thrones. They (folks from the Handmaid's Tale) denied it, but that's probably the main reason why the show started later than usual.
Big Little Lies, WestWorld, The Crown, Stranger Things... are all out too. Big Little Lies was clearly on purpose to not compete with Game of Thrones. HBO made sure of it.

So, with all these shows out... Game of Thrones gets a record breaking amount of nominations and almost the entire cast was Emmy nominated and I'm beyond happy for them. They deserve this farewell homage.

Even though my favorites will always be Maisie and Lena for obvious reasons and I'm very happy for them, I was almost sure they're going to be nominated, so I'm not surprised.

I'm especially happy and surprised for Gwendoline, Alfie and Sophie. Gwendoline made me cry when Brienne was knighted. Brienne becoming a knight of the seven kingdoms is one of the most emotional moments of season 8 and one of the most emotional moments of the entire show, IMHO. And if I'm not wrong, Gwendoline and Alfie had to submit themselves for consideration because HBO didn't do it. So the fact they got nominated is awesome.

It's the second time Nikolaj was nominated. He was nominated for the first time in 2018 for season 7. So I expected him to be nominated again this time.

I'm very happy for Ramin being nominated too. He's a musical genius and deserves all the awards.

I don't want to get too hopeful with Lena being nominated. But I can't help it, I'm still hoping against hope that Lena is going to finally win it. I remember back in 2015 they gave the award to Jon Hamm for Mad Men because it was the last season of the show and his last chance to win it and he has always been nominated a gazillion of times but had never won it, so for the last season they gave the award to him. They could do the same for Lena. That would be a great idea. Eight years of brilliant acting as Cersei from her should be rewarded.

I think Game of Thrones will win for best drama, Peter will win for best supporting actor and Ramin for best music composition.