View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 01:21 AM
madness
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
Ok so someone posted this...

Even though I am supporting this whole ship alliance thing because my multishipping ass needs a safe space, I totally understand why bellarkes are annoyed. When I first saw the initiative I thought about the ship wars and how the fandom treated each other and how they’re equally as bad as each other but I didn’t put into consideration how the cast have undermined and mistreated bellarkes in the past so totally get why they’re not in support of this movement now as it does make the cast look hypocritical now.

This is basically a huge part of my issue with the ShipsAlliance. First hearing about it, I thought "Well, that's fine. Very late and I question your intentions of starting it now but it's fine." But seeing the reactions and genuine concerns it raises, I can't fully support it. It followed them for the first couple of days but seeing as Richard retweeted it and then Sachin answered all these questions, including from skeptical people but then didn't address or apologize for their own bullying/mistreating of shipper groups in the past? It rubs me all the wrong ways.

I'm fine with creating a safe space for the fandom but it's not that easy and they're blatantly ignoring that they were part of the problem, no matter the support they show the fandom now. So I'll just be here supporting the cast members individually and their own charities and things they care about. But I will be distancing myself from this ShipAlliance.