View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 06:01 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

I was thinking about this a little more yesterday, trying to understand where those who were so upset are coming from. And I still stand by what I said about it yesterday. However, I was kind of reflecting on myself, asking myself why I wasn't retweeting it and spreading the word and all that, and I realized that, to be honest, maybe I do feel a bit skeptical about it. I choose to support Eliza's educational and Bob's mental health endeavors because, not only are those two causes very near and dear to me personally, but also because I know what their intentions are and what they're hoping to do. In contrast, I don't exactly know the backstory about why/how Sachin decided to start this.

I don't know Sachin, but I think he's a genuinely really nice person who does just want people to get along and be kind to each other. But at the same time, I can understand why people might feel like this is something he's started up in response to Bellarke fans, given the fact that he's dating Tasya and Tasya recently liked a tweet lumping people together as "Bellarke haters." And it's not fun to feel like you're being viewed as a bully just because of who you ship. But the bottom line is still that Sachin did not pinpoint or target any group, so I choose to believe that he really does just want to try to unite people. Is he the right person to do it? Is any cast member? Probably not. The fans need to step up and work towards that themselves, but it's really hard to do that when people on Twitter are constantly blowing everything up into a toxic fandom war. I think some people are just addicted to the drama and the negativity.

I just find myself thinking, Bellarke fans, are you really going to devote so much time and energy to hating on Sachin now for doing something that can support anti-bullying efforts? Clexa/Becho fans, are you really going to devote so much time and energy to hating on Bob and Eliza for falling in love and getting married? Like, there's so much hypocrisy and craziness in this fandom, and it's both exhausting and embarrassing.
ICON