View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Damocles
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I think it says a lot that Josephine is literally inside Clarke's head and can see everything that has happened between her and Bellamy and she chooses to point out that their relationship is a weird rollercoaster in which they alternate between being enemies and friends. And Bellamy agrees! As I'm watching it, I see the writers deliberately taking a shot at this idealization of "Bellarke" and de-glamorizing the awful things they've done to each other and with each other. We should not be glorifying genocide and murder just because it's something two attractive characters have done together. If the theme of this season is about facing demons and becoming better, then they do need to address how twisted and bizarre this relationship truly is.
I don't think that's where they were going with this, though. Sadly, I don't feel like this episode was sophisticated enough for that. Every scene that's been about facing demons has been thrust in our face as a Demon Facing Scene, and so literally at that.

I personally don't glamourize the genocide they've both done (as have other characters in this show), I moreso focus on the bond they have as two questionable people who have done questionable things in a garbage world, filled with other questionable people. I think the show has previously shown us that they've both done garbage things, time and time again - but I do agree this is one of the more clear times that an outside character has called them out on their bond being over awful actions they've taken. And at least they are both fully aware of the crap they've done, unlike some other characters.

(Which IMO, is why I think they belong together - if they're garbage, then I ship then both together into the same garbage dump where they can be wonderfully smelly together for life)

And thanks Becks, I forgot about the nightblood

But yo - they stole that hot dude's body then just flung it into space? That's so mean?