View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 07:14 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
The Bellarke stuff made me anxious as usual, but as usual they just tiptoed around things without delving in completely. This is not a Bellarke thing necessarily, it's a writing thing - surface-level conversations that are almost always interrupted by an outside source. It's frustrating to watch.

That said, it was funny seeing Josephine prod Bellamy a bit about their weird relationship. I still don't know what they're trying to do with Bellarke, but I'm obviously in the trash can forever.
I think it says a lot that Josephine is literally inside Clarke's head and can see everything that has happened between her and Bellamy and she chooses to point out that their relationship is a weird rollercoaster in which they alternate between being enemies and friends. And Bellamy agrees! As I'm watching it, I see the writers deliberately taking a shot at this idealization of "Bellarke" and de-glamorizing the awful things they've done to each other and with each other. We should not be glorifying genocide and murder just because it's something two attractive characters have done together. If the theme of this season is about facing demons and becoming better, then they do need to address how twisted and bizarre this relationship truly is. It was a "good" Bellarke episode in the sense that it told the truth about Bellarke. It's unhealthy and confusing.