View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 01:28 PM
florerr
Master Fan

And I finally sat down to watch (re-watch) this episode. I've already seen it in February, it was a must after I heard that Ziva is alive... But in February I was still busy with thesis writing...

Loved the episode for sure. Usually episodes opening with someone's thoughts are good ones, including this one too...

The case was really sad with the woman giving birth in the basement supposedly and her daughter who've never seen the outside world (before). Luckily the real dad had nothing to do with the kidnapping. I'm not sure if we got the full story covered on why the woman was kept/kidnapped in the first place, but I guess it wasn't that relevant...

I think Kasie is still trying to fit in, sometimes she's overdoing it, but I still loved the fact that she gave an empty jar to Torres... She couldn't figure out what he wanted so she decided to give him something he WILL need...

Loved the fact that Bishop found the old case files and recognized Ziva on the picture. It makes sense that Bishop actually would want to learn more about Ziva, and that she admires her. It also made sense that Torres had no idea who she was talking about...

Bishop is a pig-headed character, probably the only one from the current cast who's willing to disagree with Gibbs, and even be sent home because of that. Loved the fact that she listened to her "gut feeling" and got the correct information from the hotline... I mean sure sooner or later Gibbs (and the others) would have found the same information, but by that point the woman may have been dead.. So while she was reckless, she didn't really have another choice, Gibbs sent her off...

Talking about Gibbs: I got the fact that he feels responsible for his family and regrets not taking better care of Ziva (and Kate), but he was rather harsh with Bishop concerning Rule #10. I'm glad that the episode ended with Gibbs sort of apologizing to Bishop (and vice versa).

Lastly, I loved the parallel of Ziva keeping notes about all her cases in order to process the everyday work and Gibbs keeping all his rules in one box.
florerr is offline   Reply With Quote