View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 06:49 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I agree with Alexi. The team does owe us. The coaches have some of the blame, but the team has often let us down with their inconsistencies and not always playing as hard as they should. I am looking forward to them winning us back.
I agree with him completely too.

It's obvious this is the case when some of their games do not even sell out. USWNT Friendly matches sell out. Some big USMNT matches do not even sell out. USWNT is the much more popular, embraced team and it's not even close. You can't even get a Rapinoe or Morgan jersey, everything is sold out, orders will take months and months before you can purchase again.

Losing and not making WC for the Men was a disaster. A complete disaster. JK failed this team above anything else. I hated him and understood he was darkness the second he fired Boca from being captain, kicked him off the team, punished Landon. It was so obvious he was a killer for this team and it just went downhill from there. But at the end of the day it's the players, not the coaches, that play on the field. Our World Cup path to qualification is so much easier than European teams having to make it. Even with the coaching and JK stripping so much of our identity... you have to win that game to quality. They did not. As a result, Americans pulled back some. Trust needs rebuilt.