View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 10:49 AM
Karma Police
Fan Forum Star

Thanks! It's great that Ava recognized his talent and challenged him to play both the young and old Korey. He was amazing, you could see his naivety and joy slowly fading, feel the pain, the isolation, the despair. Oprah mentioned that scene when the air conditionin was starting to work again how we all felt it. Also the way he nailed the voice/accent. He better win an Emmy for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I did saw it.. But wow.. I really like to hear each actors' thoughts if they know about the story or not since I know some of them are young, but the one that I really like from Michael's since he used to live in NYC and how scary that he has to be different than being black bec I know that I don't live that far from that happen, but you have to be separate from what you are, but it really sad for black/brown people..

Yeah, I agree w/ you about the question on guilty, I mean, they are innocents, so of course they would feel numb, shock, angry, etc, etc.. I dunno, I feel like she should ask the better questions.. I assume that she didn't want to pressure them to answer that something too personal.. Not sure if that made sense..

Yeah, I always tho that all of them was going through, but w/ Antron and Korey.. But wow.. Plus him mention about his father.. Including that he lost his mom that not too long ago..

I'm glad that four of them encourage Ava to use Kory's story bec he went through more than three of them since he went to Riker's as adult.. Even tho Riker is dangerous since I know lot of thing about that jail..
You could see how affected Michael was when he was talking about his experience, woring on the show had to bring back memories.

I felt like I was being intrusive, like the question served more my curiosity (or the audience in general) than their well-being. I'm sure they were aware of what they'd be asked but it still felt a bit intrusive to me. Maybe if would have been better if it had been an intimate setting, just them and Oprah/Ava, without an audience.

It was really difficult and heartbreaking to watch.

I loved that they mentioned that too and that they wanted to make sure his story is properly elevated. They didn't know all of the horror's he's been through either, it must have been hard to realize how much worse he had it.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote