View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 04:58 PM
kenni727
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
I agree on all counts. Last thing Raven needs is another tragic romance, plus dating a 200+ year-old body-snatching Prime would just be creepy.

And I really hope Diyoza survives the season. I'm worried she won't simply because she's almost TOO awesome: Her combat skills as a trained SEAL are superior to almost everyone (I wonder how she'd stack up against someone like Octavia, not that I want those two to fight!), her tactical planning abilities are far beyond the rest of the gang, and she has military leadership experience.

It was cool that Raven's first thought was to wake Diyoza up when the ship was hijacked, and of course awesome that it took D like 2 seconds flat to come up with and execute a plan, but "let's get Diyoza to fix it" can't always be the solution! I'm worried the writers won't know what to do with her, or how to keep our former delinquents in charge when Diyoza should obviously be the group leader, and they'll opt for killing her off after she has her baby. Which would totally suck.
So that description of Raven possibly "dating a 200+ year-old body-snatching Prime would just be creepy" reminds me of Buffy and Angel. Near 250 year old vampire who was soulless killer for about 150 years but now brooding, guilt ridden souled vampire seeking redemption. Ryker ever whips out a trench coat and I call foul.

As for Diyoza, she better survive. It's not like Kane or Abby have been effective leaders since...I don't know when. Yet writers keep them around.