View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 12:17 PM
kenni727
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Personally, I would prefer not to have every new character be somebody else's love interest. What if Xavier is just a cool guy fighting with Gabriel against the Primes? But seeing as this is a teen show on the CW, I'm probably expecting too much.
Same. I enjoy a good romance but every character doesn't need to be set up with someone else. Especially under these circumstances. To go a bit off topic here, it's one of the things I loved about Hunger Games. Two guys fighting over Katniss and she's all, "WTF? I just wanted to save my sister and now survive this war." Diyoza's like that. And I think after Lincoln Octavia is too. Not saying either is completely closed off to falling in love. But need time to heal from all the insanity that has gone on before can be ready for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
I've gotta admit, Diyoza's "So you ate a few people to survive, who cares?" had me laughing so hard I about wet myself. After it being such a Deep, Dark storyline, the way she just brushed it off was perfect.
For real! This is why Diyoza is so perfect for Octavia right now. She has no prior emotional connection to her but seems to actually care. All while being perfectly blunt. Any character that can embody Cordelia Chase's "I think it. I say it. That's my way." Owns my heart.