View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 01:27 AM
livstevi21
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. I've been in the process of updating the board guide recently. Everything should be updated, except for two, the link to films National Treasure and Old Dogs. I still need to fix those. I also intend to reorganise them at some point. Some of the alphabetical order is out of sync with the films.

I've also been thinking about the live action remakes threads. There's been a difficult balance of having them either stick together with the originals threads or make separate threads for them. For example, the 101 Dalmatians thread we have both the original animated film and the live action movies together, as I feel that if they were separate, neither would get posted on as much as the one we have now. Also because the live action films are now getting old themselves they are not current news. I also feel like the original Jungle Book, Beauty & the Beast and Cinderella threads are getting sidelined over the remakes threads....and that's what I fear over making separate threads for the Aladdin & The Lion King remakes. However, that being said, chat on the original threads are now being taken over by chat about the remakes, and though ultimately they are the same story with the same characters and songs (mostly), the shift of discussion is moving closer to remakes because of how current they are. That's not to say that the originals are being forgotten by people here, obviously not, but given the current news that's what people are more likely to be talking about. This is why we haven't yet made separate threads for the remakes of Aladdin & The Lion King. But, given how classic & massive the originals were, they deserve to stay separate from the remakes, especially alongside the other 90's hit Beauty & the Beast. So I will be making them soon, perhaps next week. I know they've both been late coming, but better late than never, yes? What does everyone else think of this?