View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Karma Police
Fan Forum Star

Did you watch it?

It was a great interview but so very heartbreaking to watch, especially Antron and Korey.

When they talked about what they were doing the day before, they were just kids, caring about sports or music, just holding a girl's hand. When Raymond said that he didn't think about what he would do 5 years from now. Phew. When I was 14-16 years old I was just living day by day, I didn't think about the future other than my hobbies or going to camps for summer. Going from this to what the boys went through, i cannot even begin to imagine.

I have to say that I didn't like some of the questions, like what went through their minds when they heard the word guilty. I thought it was so unnecessary to ask this, especially seeing how visibly affected two of them still are. I understand why those questions were asked because it gives them a voice but I felt uneasy seeing how Antron and Korey struggled to answer.

Antron's whole posture spoke volumes, he clearly didn't feel comfortable speaking about it, constantly shifting in his seat, having a really defensive frame. But I admire him even more because of it, it takes a lot of strength to talk about your biggest trauma and struggles. When he said how he barely holds on to his sanity and that the system broke him. It takes a lot of courage to admit that you're broken, I hope he'll be able to find help and overcome the resentment and anger he feels, even if just a little bit.

Korey is still so affected he could barely speak. We only got a glimpse of what happened to him in episode four, I cannot imagine all the atrocities he had to endure for over a decade. Truly heartbreaking. I loved that Ava was paying attention to him through out the whole time, noticing when he wanted to say something. The way she interacted with all of them showed how much love and respect she had for them.

I loved what Kevin said, that it's painful to watch but that it's a story tht needs to be told.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 06-14-2019 at 03:39 PM
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote